Trade deadline

A place for Twinscentric Discussion
FNG

Re: Trade deadline

Post by FNG »

Interesting to hear the Twins had scouts watching the Mets' AAA game last night with the Mets reported to be very interested in Donaldson, Rogers and Berrios. I have no interest in dealing Rogers, and Berrios has been so locked in the past month, I want to keep him too. But Donaldson could really help the Mets, and we might pick up a couple nice prospects. I'm predicting Josh to the Mets, but I don't know their farm system well enough to predict who comes back.
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

FNG wrote:Interesting to hear the Twins had scouts watching the Mets' AAA game last night with the Mets reported to be very interested in Donaldson, Rogers and Berrios. I have no interest in dealing Rogers, and Berrios has been so locked in the past month, I want to keep him too. But Donaldson could really help the Mets, and we might pick up a couple nice prospects. I'm predicting Josh to the Mets, but I don't know their farm system well enough to predict who comes back.

What deal would you give Berrios FNG?

I'm actually for trading him. I've seen this song and dance way to many times. Lights out till the end of July then he gets tired and becomes 4 ERA plus in the 2nd half.

Supposedly I been reading the Twins want
Two top 50 props Prospects for him because he's the best pitcher on the market with another year left on his deal.

If the Padres come calling and offer Mackenzie Gore and CJ Abrams because there all in on winning now I think you have to take it.
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

Jester1534 wrote:

I'm actually for trading him. I've seen this song and dance way to many times. Lights out till the end of July then he gets tired and becomes 4 ERA plus in the 2nd half.

There is that. Do you think a team could handle him better like letting him skip a performance? I think his late-season swans will get worse as he gets older.
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

bleedspeed177 wrote:
Jester1534 wrote:

There is that. Do you think a team could handle him better like letting him skip a performance? I think his late-season swans will get worse as he gets older.

The twins did that 2 years ago when the won 100 games and it didn't help. I believe two separate times they gave him 10 days of rest.
Monster

Post by Monster »

jester1534 wrote:
bleedspeed177 wrote:
Jester1534 wrote:

The twins did that 2 years ago when the won 100 games and it didn't help. I believe two separate times they gave him 10 days of rest.

I always had the hope that as he matured he would be able to pitch better deeper into the season. It's worth remembering that before this season he had only pitched 3 full MLB seasons as a starter. Last year was a shortened season. Maybe he can make that next jump. Do I feel good about him doing that? Not really but I also don't think the ship has sailed. The problem is if you get a goood offer right now you don't know and might have to make a decision. Jester is ready to make that decision now. I might be inclined to agree with him (especially if I had any clue about the prospects offered lol) but I also think it would be a tough decision especially for a team with 1 legit MLB pitcher signed for next season in Maeda.
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

Jester1534 wrote:
bleedspeed177 wrote:
Jester1534 wrote:

The twins did that 2 years ago when they won 100 games and it didn't help. I believe two separate times they gave him 10 days of rest.

I felt like that did help a little in September, but wonder if going to 6-7 days rest after all-star break is what he needs. It certainly messes up the routine for rest of the staff.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Kepler is getting hot (extra base hits at least) at a good time if the Twins are actually willing to move him.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Waiting for Jester to tell me how to feel about this Berrios deal but it looks pretty good to me based on what I have seen.
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

monsterpile wrote:Waiting for Jester to tell me how to feel about this Berrios deal but it looks pretty good to me based on what I have seen.

Rather have Groshans than Martin.

It's not that I don't like Martin but he's still 2-3 years away.
FNG

Post by FNG »

I love how locked in Jose has been recently, but in my wildest dreams I didn't see us getting a team's #4 and #2 prospects for him...that's like us giving up Balazovic and Sabato for a 27-year-old pitcher with a career ERA over 4! This is grand theft larceny in my opinion. I have to research it, but I believe Martin is on the top 20 prospect list in all of baseball. I remember he was in the running for #1 pick in the draft and was considered the best pure hitter in the draft. I don't know anything about the other guy, except that he must be pretty good if he is the Jays' #4 prospect. Love this deal!