Who is Shabazz simular to?

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Re: Who is Shabazz simular to?

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

Keith has the complete package and is the real deal, but we need to give up that dream. I talked to him last weekend, and he told me Flip Saunders pissed him and his agent off, and he will never play here.

I just lowered my Flip offseason grade from A to B.
bleedspeed

Post by bleedspeed »

Keiths' game is a lot like Fletch's game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7AUpGXLDdk
worldK

Post by worldK »

bleedspeed177 wrote:Keiths' game is a lot like Fletch's game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7AUpGXLDdk

Keith would look great catching lobs from rubio and throw it down between his legs. Sign him up flip!
Crazysauce

Post by Crazysauce »

[youtube]XhgugF5ejrI[/youtube]

I would say Kyle Watson. Too bad we couldnt have nabbed Shep, for sure we would kick some ass. May be a little Bugaloo in Bazz also.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Wally Z is a terrible comparison. Wally was a marksman from the 3-point line both in college and the NBA. His college 3-point percentage was 43% and He shot 41.6% from behind the arc in the NBA. Wally was actually a great shooter from midrange as well, shooting 51% from the field overall in college and 48.5% in the NBA. Shabazz isn't close to Wally's caliber as a shooter. Wally was also a better rebounder and passer than Shabazz statistically in college.

We'll have to see how Shabazz develops over the next couple years. He could have Paul Pierce potential if he develops his game, especially his ball-handling. I'd say poor man's Caron Butler is the best comparison mentioned in this thread so far.
worldK

Post by worldK »

The paul pierce comparison is a way way off. Don't think shabazz can ever be pierce. Pierce was a good ball handler, play maker and defender when he came into the league. He could staff the stat sheet while bazz cant.

Wally z comparison was made because they have the same strengths, spot up shooting, fast break finishing and post skills. Both have the same weakness(ball handling, creating own shot) wally is the better shooter no doubt, thats why he is the 'best' case scenario if ever shabazz can be a good shooter.

Butler is also a bad comparison since butler could create his own offense coming into the league. he only settle into becoming a jump shooter recently when he lost his athletecism.
Riverside_Viking [enjin:6662498]

Post by Riverside_Viking [enjin:6662498] »

Camden wrote:He got Nick Young from NBADraft.net

Bad comparison of games. Shabazz isn't like Nick Young in any way except he likes to put shots up.

And they don't play good defense or really anything else beside put up shots, granted I think Shabazz has more potential but as of right now they will give you pretty much the same thing.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

worldK wrote:The paul pierce comparison is a way way off. Don't think shabazz can ever be pierce. Pierce was a good ball handler, play maker and defender when he came into the league. He could staff the stat sheet while bazz cant.

Wally z comparison was made because they have the same strengths, spot up shooting, fast break finishing and post skills. Both have the same weakness(ball handling, creating own shot) wally is the better shooter no doubt, thats why he is the 'best' case scenario if ever shabazz can be a good shooter.

Butler is also a bad comparison since butler could create his own offense coming into the league. he only settle into becoming a jump shooter recently when he lost his athletecism.

One thing you're missing. Wally was a great shooter while Shabazz is not. Pierce and Shabazz are comparable shooters and comparable athletically coming out of college. They have the same herky-jerky old man style. Neither is a smooth natural shooter like Wally. Note my reference to Pierce was contingent on improved ball-handling. But also note that Pierce was not a great ball- handler coming out of college though he was better than Shabazz. I'll agree with you on Butler, but note that Cool used the term "poor man's" Butler.

Bottom line is that Wally is a poor comparison for Shabazz because one was a pure shooter while the other is not. You can compare Shabazz to a lot of inefficient volume shooters who can handle the ball well. At his best, Shabazz is a scorer, not a shooter. That makes him more of a Paul Pierce than a Wally Z. Of course, he isn't either and likely never will be.
worldK

Post by worldK »

lipoli390 wrote:
worldK wrote:The paul pierce comparison is a way way off. Don't think shabazz can ever be pierce. Pierce was a good ball handler, play maker and defender when he came into the league. He could staff the 8stat sheet while bazz cant.

One thing you're missing. Wally was a great shooter while Shabazz is not. Pierce and Shabazz are comparable shooters and comparable athletically coming out of college. They have the same herky-jerky old man style. Neither is a smooth natural shooter like Wally. Note my reference to Pierce was contingent on improved ball-handling. But also note that Pierce was not a great ball- handler coming out of college though he was better than Shabazz. I'll agree with you on Butler, but note that Cool used the term "poor man's" Butler.

Bottom line is that Wally is a poor comparison for Shabazz because one was a pure shooter while the other is not. You can compare Shabazz to a lot of inefficient volume shooters who can handle the ball well. At his best, Shabazz is a scorer, not a shooter. That makes him more of a Paul Pierce than a Wally Z. Of course, he isn't either and likely never will be.

Lip, you miss the fact that pierce was an excellent shot creator,good playmaker and ball handler and was a good defender and a guy you can run the offense tru, he could staff the stat sheet, all those are bazz's weakness ao you are banking on him improving significantly his weakneas for your pierce potential to make sense.

My wally z comparison ia based on their strengths, it is easier for a player to further develop his strength rather than his weakness. Wally is the superior shooter but spot up shooting is a strength of baz that would be more doable for him to further develop it rather than him developing his weaknesa to be the pierce that yousay he could be. That makes him farther from pierce than he is to wally.

He isnt likely to be either yes, but the pierce one is way off.
Monster

Post by Monster »

I want to mention that a lot of these comparisons are being made to guys that played more than 1 year of college. What kind of skill improvement would Bazz have if he had stayed in school another year or maybe even 2 and came out? What kind of development will he make in his game over the next couple years? A year from now hopefully his game has developed more and we will see what he did in SL and be able to know more what he can do and make some more complete comparisons.