Twins Trade Deadline/MidSeason Top 10 prospects

A place for Twinscentric Discussion
Jester1534

Re: Twins Trade Deadline/MidSeason Top 10 prospects

Post by Jester1534 »

monsterpile wrote:
jester1534 wrote:Twins Acquire Sergio Romo for Lewin Diaz. I sure hope this isn't there only bullpen move but I'm fine with Romo pitching the 7th of games.

It's interesting that they also got Chris Vallimont and a player to be named later also. I'm guessing this is another move to open up a spot on the 40 man roster and probably add some younger prospects/lottery tickets...oh and they added a solid vet reliever for this season.

I was reading on Vaillimont it sounds like they think they can his spin rate on his slider up. This really solid deal for the Twins. Even though Lewin Diaz is having a great year he's at best a top 15 prospect for this team.

Also Blake Parker cleared waivers. I find that pretty incredible.
Monster

Post by Monster »

jester1534 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
jester1534 wrote:Twins Acquire Sergio Romo for Lewin Diaz. I sure hope this isn't there only bullpen move but I'm fine with Romo pitching the 7th of games.

It's interesting that they also got Chris Vallimont and a player to be named later also. I'm guessing this is another move to open up a spot on the 40 man roster and probably add some younger prospects/lottery tickets...oh and they added a solid vet reliever for this season.

I was reading on Vaillimont it sounds like they think they can his spin rate on his slider up. This really solid deal for the Twins. Even though Lewin Diaz is having a great year he's at best a top 15 prospect for this team.

Also Blake Parker cleared waivers. I find that pretty incredible.

Yeah that surprised me as well. My brother texted said he hasn't been performing "and all the antics he does on the mound....he's a bit of a human rain delay." June Era was 7.59 and July was 4.91 so...that's not good. Interesting his strikeout rate went up the past 2 months when the ultimate result was less than stellar. Meanwhile Romo since a poor April has been good then lights out.

Parker has some bonuses in his contract for days active that could be a reason why he wasn't claimed. They total over a million bucks in addition to his current salary which isn't a whole lot. But at this point claiming a guy and likely paying him an extra million for those bonuses changes the cost quite a bit.

https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/minnesota-twins/blake-parker-10684/
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

Jester1534 wrote:

Agreed. Vallimont is ranked as our 29th best prospect. Diaz was ranked as our 30th. We also traded from a position of strength for a legit arm in the MLB bullpen.

https://www.reddit.com/r/minnesotatwins/comments/cir3da/mlb_pipeline_ranked_newly_acquired_chris/

Quick read of the comments.

Honestly, Diaz was having a great season batting around .300 with 16 home runs combined, but I prefer having more pitching depth. He was buried in the depth chart, which is easy to happen for position players. Whereas MLB teams have been known to carry 13 pitchers at a time on some occasions. It is much harder for pitchers to get buried than position players.

Also, Vallimont is a big dude with a projectable frame that can touch 97. He has around a 10 K/9 and was a fifth round pick just last year. Not only that, but Lewin Diaz would've needed to be on the 40 man, which for sure wasnt a guarentee, so we could've lost him for nothing virtually. On top of that we get Romo and a PTBNL.

I hope for the best for Diaz, but I much prefer we build up our pitching prospect depth, instead of our position player depth. We have a really young/stacked team across the diamond pretty much, besides pitcher, and no team can have too much pitching anyways.

Stroman to the Mets for their 6th & 7th prospects. I am not sure why the Mets made this move. I thought they would-be sellers. Price was reasonable though. I am not sure he was the type of pitcher we needed due to being a ground ball pitcher.

Tic Toc Tic Toc
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

I've read some reports the Mets are asking for Buxton for Thor, what a joke. The blue jays also said we had to trade Lewis or Killroff for stroman and then they made a trade where the two prospects they got wouldn't even crack our top 8.
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

Go get Grenkie and pay his salary and go get a couple of relievers like Colome and old friend Lirinao. Screw the Mets and there terrible front office. If that's there price Thor will not be traded this deadline.

Jester1534 wrote:Go get Grenkie and pay his salary and go get a couple of relievers like Colome and old friend Lirinao. Screw the Mets and there terrible front office. If that's there price Thor will not be traded this deadline.

Agreed. Zack would be a great addition to this team. Open up the checkbook.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Blake Parker elected to be a free agent and signed with the Phillies. I assume (not that I matters much) that means the Twins don't have to pay whatever is left of his salary.