Can we get Lavine back for...

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
D-Mac [enjin:19736340]

Re: Can we get Lavine back for...

Post by D-Mac [enjin:19736340] »

Where is any thread going? Am I the first one to throw out a trade idea? So we're on the same page that Lavine should never have been traded, but somehow you wouldn't do my proposed trade from Minnesota's perspective? Seems like you only shot this idea down because I proposed. Either that or you really do think DLo is an all star :) What would I have to get off my chest? Just saw how well Lavine was doing, so thought I would ask. Go wolves
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

D-Loser wrote:Where is any thread going? Am I the first one to throw out a trade idea? So we're on the same page that Lavine should never have been traded, but somehow you wouldn't do my proposed trade from Minnesota's perspective? Seems like you only shot this idea down because I proposed. Either that or you really do think DLo is an all star :) What would I have to get off my chest? Just saw how well Lavine was doing, so thought I would ask. Go wolves

Ah, more assumptions being made on your part. I didn't say whether I would or wouldn't make that trade if I was in charge. I said that I don't see either team making that trade and then proceeded to explain why. Frankly, your suggested deal just doesn't make much sense for Minnesota or Chicago at this current time.

Most of the board already knows this, but I advocated time and time again for the Wolves to move Andrew Wiggins instead of Zach LaVine. My stance on that has only gotten stronger with time. And yes, LaVine's having an incredible season.

Also, you seemed pretty quick to get disrespectful. You brought that attitude to the thread so I figured you must have more of it. Get it all out now so we don't have to do this shit again when I disagree with you in the future.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

No thank you on Lavine. Zach has been in the league for 7 years and in 6 of them his teams have been better statistically when he is on the bench, When Lavine is on the court his teams have been outscored in all 7 years he has been a pro. Combined this with the fact Lavine has never been on a team that has won more then 32 games in a season and his teams best success was 31 wins when he missed half of the year and his team had a better winning % in the season he was hurt.

I don't think Lavine is a bad player, it is just hard to give up multiple assets for what could be a lateral move. Not saying it couldn't work but there is no evidence Lavine can play on a winning team so in my opinion Lavine is not the player to gamble if we are going to gamble on a player.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Camden wrote:
D-Loser wrote:Where is any thread going? Am I the first one to throw out a trade idea? So we're on the same page that Lavine should never have been traded, but somehow you wouldn't do my proposed trade from Minnesota's perspective? Seems like you only shot this idea down because I proposed. Either that or you really do think DLo is an all star :) What would I have to get off my chest? Just saw how well Lavine was doing, so thought I would ask. Go wolves

Ah, more assumptions being made on your part. I didn't say whether I would or wouldn't make that trade if I was in charge. I said that I don't see either team making that trade and then proceeded to explain why. Frankly, your suggested deal just doesn't make much sense for Minnesota or Chicago at this current time.

Most of the board already knows this, but I advocated time and time again for the Wolves to move Andrew Wiggins instead of Zach LaVine. My stance on that has only gotten stronger with time. And yes, LaVine's having an incredible season.

Also, you seemed pretty quick to get disrespectful. You brought that attitude to the thread so I figured you must have more of it. Get it all out now so we don't have to do this shit again when I disagree with you in the future.

Let's try to salvage this thread...

Cam, at the time of the trade, LaVine was recovering from knee surgery. Nobody knew what he'd look like that next season. And... well... he sucked.

He only played 24 games. And he regressed statistically as he was re-acclimating to NBA basketball after 11 months off. And the Wolves would have had to pay him after that type of season.

I think many of us saw the potential in LaVine and some even dug him more than Wiggins... but for a team hellbent on FINALLY making the playoffs, I can see how the uncertainty with LaVine's health/contract played a huge part in that decision.

Plus, that was coming off Wiggins shooting above league average on threes (only time) and averaged 23+ ppg. I won't kill the Wolves for opting for Wiggins vs. LaVine. In the lengthy list of dumb or unfortunate or wrong moves... that one at least has some semblance of reasoning behind it.

Do you think the Wolves would have made the playoffs in either '18, '19 or '20 with LaVine... or would we be looking at 17+ straight seasons without a playoff berth?
D-Mac [enjin:19736340]

Post by D-Mac [enjin:19736340] »

Camden0916 wrote:

You got disrespectful with me first. I'll go dig it up if you like, but I'm fine with calling it good. You still didn't answer whether you would or wouldn't make that trade. I like Reid, but I think he gets overvalued a bit on here. I guess I would do this trade because it would be a nice 2nd chance to get a guy back that we never should have traded (I was totally good with the butler trade but was pissed that it wasn't Wiggins instead of Lavine)
Brooklyn_Wolves [enjin:14608167]

Post by Brooklyn_Wolves [enjin:14608167] »

Bulls laugh this offer off the table. It's a joke. Bulls will laugh at Edwards as well. Who the fcuk is Anthony Edwards? Same guy that Rosas tried to trade down from, but no GM showed interest? Same guy that is botton 3 among all NBA SFs in RPM and sport sub 50% TS.