Wiseman and Edwards

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Lipoli390

Re: Wiseman and Edwards

Post by Lipoli390 »

Q12543 wrote:Hard not to like the kid, regardless of how we view him as a player. Pretty much puts up zero facade and speaks honestly in simple terms. Good stuff.

I agree, Q. He's sort of the anti-KAT in that respect. :). And I like Anthony's effort and game face on the court so far as well. He he consistently brings that energy to games and practice, he'll turn out to be really good given his talent. We'll see.
maelstrom11 [enjin:6599701]

Post by maelstrom11 [enjin:6599701] »

Totally agree on some of these Anthony Edwards comments..

Especially love the quotes Kek posted and how he talks with the media. He's so open and you can feel he wants to succeed and be successful. He has that inner confidence that he will succeed.

Here's another quote from todays media session I liked:

Question:
I was wondering if you talked to any of the other guys in the rookie class just kind of what about this transition has been for them, um, you know on their teams and it is just so compact, and you haven't played for 10 months like you said. Have you talked to any of those other guys?

Ant:
uh..Reese, thats about it..Tyrese Maxey. but Other than that Nah..

but It is hard though. it is hard. Not playing for 10 months...March..We didnt play March madness. Like I said, we just got together last week. Last Monday, I think we started on Monday.

So, I mean, if I was able to play 5 on 5 at a really high level like i did in college then, you know, kudos to me but i dont think it'll come that easy...its gonna take at least...

after one more game i should be ok, I, I, I should have a really good game tomorrow, and then I should feel 100 percent comfortable after tomorrow and then..were probably going to play some more before the 23rd and then... you know I feel like I'll be back.

Kid says that it'll take "one more game" and a week of practice and he'll be back to his "really high" college level of play.

Love his confidence!! I think he'll be a bright spot in a dark time....
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

I do find it somewhat troubling if Edwards thinks what he did in college is anything close to a high level of play. If that's where he wants to be at, then I think we're always going to be wanting more from the guy.
maelstrom11 [enjin:6599701]

Post by maelstrom11 [enjin:6599701] »

I'm thinking he may mean that he wants to be the best player on his team because that is what he was in college. If Ant is playing as our ALPHA top player and Towns and DLO are 2 and 3 we should be a playoff team.

Regardless, what is refreshing is the confidence that he wants to be something. Never in an Andrew Wiggins interview did I ever sense that Wiggins wanted to do anything in this league. He never brought a swagger. Never boasted a guarantee or showed much of any competitive fire.

Edwards is a different guy in that respect and it is refreshing.
TheFuture

Post by TheFuture »

Camden0916 wrote:I do find it somewhat troubling if Edwards thinks what he did in college is anything close to a high level of play. If that's where he wants to be at, then I think we're always going to be wanting more from the guy.

As much as I did not want this outcome; Edwards' team was complete garbage. Similar to Simmons at LSU, but arguably worse.

I do like to think that I would go all out for competition, but I cannot say I wouldn't coast in college knowing I am a top pick, and getting many more millions by reducing my risk.

That changes in the first 5 years in the NBA.

I am not confident in Edwards, but I have to hope it works out now. Still wish trigger man Rosas just bit the bullet and went for another established NBA player in a package with the picks we had. We are in a cyclical farm system at this point. And it is one we are not typically good at.

I am so sick of our best players hitting the last two years in their contracts and wanting out, just as we are told the last four hundred top picks are just on the cusp. Then it happens again.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

This is a must listen

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1342181838706651136?s=19
SameOldNudityDrew

Post by SameOldNudityDrew »

kekgeek1 wrote:This is a must listen

That is hilarious. I was kind of hoping it would cut to a scene with him and Marney playing Mahjong or something at the end. Still, that is funny.
TheFuture

Post by TheFuture »

That was hilarious. Thanks for sharing.

He wouldn't beat me at trashcan ball though. I've got that down pat now.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

It was great when she tried to get him to talk in his dog voice. She was a great interviewer to really show his personality. Im not worried about this kid at all. He just wants to keep getting better.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

thedoper wrote:

It was great when she tried to get him to talk in his dog voice. She was a great interviewer to really show his personality. Im not worried about this kid at all. He just wants to keep getting better.

There are more funny clips in the interview. He was bored during quarantine so he bought dogs but wanted a lion but it wouldn't fit in his house.

He wears tangtops because he likes showing his muscles