Free Agency with Other Teams

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Re: Free Agency with Other Teams

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

kekgeek1 wrote:This is where I dislike the Taj contact.

Patrick Patterson signed a 3 year 16 mil contact with a player option for the 3rd year.

9 mil a year difference between him and taj. Still don't think whoever we signed would have moved the needle a ton but we would have 13 mil left going the Patterson route instead of taj

Yeah, as others have said, Taj isn't a bad player by any stretch, but this feels like a classic overpay.
TheFuture

Post by TheFuture »

Patrick Patterson signed a 3 year 16 mil contact with a player option for the 3rd year.

9 mil a year difference between him and taj. Still don't think whoever we signed would have moved the needle a ton but we would have 13 mil left going the Patterson route instead of taj

Wanted Patterson all along. Though the Taj signing was shortsighted. Maybe OKC is more attractive to him, but even 3/18 would've been 10x better. Plus we couldve offered him a starter role with about 24-28 mins. Love his perimeter d/switch d and three point shot. This sucks.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

TheFuture wrote:

Wanted Patterson all along. Though the Taj signing was shortsighted. Maybe OKC is more attractive to him, but even 3/18 would've been 10x better. Plus we couldve offered him a starter role with about 24-28 mins. Love his perimeter d/switch d and three point shot. This sucks.

In the end neither of taj or Patterson are moving the needle significantly so don't get mad.
TheFuture

Post by TheFuture »

kekgeek1 wrote:
TheFuture wrote:

In the end neither of taj or Patterson are moving the needle significantly so don't get mad.

Sure they do. We can't play with just 5 guys and expect to be competitive. One signing could've netted us 2-3 players, the other nets us one. When you lack a bench (just like last season, he'll even worse) you will lose games, no doubt about it. Especially with how competitive the West is now 1-11/12
Monster

Post by Monster »

OKC getting Patterson for that deal for me does make me frustrated with the Gibson signing. I personally think Gibson is a better player but not nearly 3 times the money per player as Patterson and the fit asa perimeter oriented big is obvious. Let's see what they are able to do the rest of the offseason though. If Patterson only got that deal...that's a good sign that things are starting to get tight and guys like Olnyk are hitting the market and are going to get some decent money.
TheGrey08

Post by TheGrey08 »

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn
8m
Free agent guard Nick Young has agreed to a one-year, $5.2M deal with the Golden State Warriors, agent Mark Bartelstein tells ESPN.
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

TheGrey08 wrote:Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn
8m
Free agent guard Nick Young has agreed to a one-year, $5.2M deal with the Golden State Warriors, agent Mark Bartelstein tells ESPN.

I'm fine with this. If he's awesome, let him be awesome with a team that is untouchable anyway. If he sucks, then I'm glad he's not with us.

See how I can rationalize this into good news?

Seriously though, I'm not too upset about "losing" him to Golden State.
TheGrey08

Post by TheGrey08 »

I'm not either. Just wondering what the Wolves next move is. It was reported a little bit ago that the Pacers are engaged with 1 other team regarding CJ Miles S&T deals and they were a little further along than the Wolves talks.
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

Well then here is some more "rationalization": Good think we didn't have more cap space, otherwise we might have outbid Golden State for Swaggy P's services! :-D
TheFuture

Post by TheFuture »

CJ miles and Vince carter are the hopefuls now!