Free Agency with Other Teams

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Monster

Re: Free Agency with Other Teams

Post by Monster »

kekgeek1 wrote:Here is my question why wouldn't the Pacers decide to trade miles for Aldrich and a 2nd. The reason I ask isn't that better than losing him for absolutely nothing to another team not the wolves.

Also have dubs to offer

That's basically paying over 7 million bucks for a 2nd round pick. They can do better than that. Depending on how their cap situation is they may not even want to do the deal to pay that price to get a 1st anyway. He is rumored as having 2 million giantess on the 3rd year of his deal. The Pacers have plenty of leverage to ask for that pick. I wouldn't give it up.
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

I value Luc Bah a Moute more than some of those guys on that list!
SameOldNudityDrew

Post by SameOldNudityDrew »

TheFuture wrote:
kekgeek1 wrote:Here is my question why wouldn't the Pacers decide to trade miles for Aldrich and a 2nd. The reason I ask isn't that better than losing him for absolutely nothing to another team not the wolves.

Also have dubs to offer

That's what I hope happens, and should. Thibs playing hardball for that exact scenario, I'm sure of it. Watch him cave on Aldrich and 1st for CJ haha.

If I were the Pacers, I'd rather keep the cap space because somebody's going to want to offload a worse contract than Aldrich's at some point before the trade deadline and they'll be willing to give up a lot more than a future second rounder to do it.
TheFuture

Post by TheFuture »

60WinTim wrote:I value Luc Bah a Moute more than some of those guys on that list!

Same here, sign and trade for Miles and 2 year RE for LRMaM is my goal right now!

Keep in mind two of our bigs have foot injuries in Belly and Patton, and a third big goes out in this scenario in Aldrich. Patton seems to be out for the year and who knows what happens with Belly. LRMaM can play 3 or 4 which would be perfect considering the best position for Wiggins and butler is the 2.
SameOldNudityDrew

60WinTim wrote:I value Luc Bah a Moute more than some of those guys on that list!

I love his defense, but he can't shoot the 3. He had one good year this year for % but he barely shot the ball, so he doesn't give us what we need. Those guys underlined in the list are all 3 point shooters.

The point about that overall list though is that there are a lot of players out there looking for contracts and the cap space is running out fast, so some of those guys are going to be had on great deals or 1 year vet minimum deals.

One quick question. If the Wiz go over the cap because they match Porter, they can still match Bogdanovic right? It's just that if they get to the luxury tax line then it gets Swaggy P expensive? Do I understand that correctly?
Monster

Post by Monster »

TheFuture wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
TheFuture wrote:
kekgeek1 wrote:
TheFuture wrote:
monsterpile wrote:The significant difference between some of these guys and Gibson is he is signed for only 2 years. Olynyk is 4 years and honestly I think he is a bench player and a lesser player than Gibson but that's subjective.

Lee is overpaid in this market and signed for 3 more years.

Gay? What player are you really getting? For that money it's a pretty solid risk but I'm not dying to get Gay because I'm not convinced he will be healthy and effective.

Miami is about to be done and the Kings are probably close now loading up on vets. Let's keep letting this play out with that patience you have been preaching Lip!

Man, the kings might just enter the Dog Fight of 5-8 seeds! Absolutely love what they have done.

Eh I like what they have done but a team is not making the playoffs with hill and Hield as their best players

Hill/Fox/Mason
Hield/Carter
Richardson/Jackson
Skal/Randolph/Giles
WCS/Koufas/Papi

Great mix of young, old, defense, offense. Still some cap to go get a SF as well, and wouldn't be surprised to see them move Koufos. I doubt they are done and won't be an easy W.

You're likely right, probably a 35-41 win team rather than a playoff team, but we shall see.

What the Dunc'd on guys don't like about these moves is that they are going to be paying those guys a bunch of money and playing minutes that young guys could get. Who is the star on that team? They might lose some draft slots. They could have kept that space open to take on bad contracts and add draft picks. Now they could add some older players but maybe not to that extent. Maybe this all works out to make them a better team but I agree with those guys it may not work out going this way. If Inwas a Kings fan I would have a hard time not getting excited though. Those guys are more somewhat more legit vets not like Affalo types they have brought in before.

But they have at least 8 first round picks from the last 3 years on that team already. I doubt they're too concerned about the crapshoot of the lottery when they need to develop a ton of guys already. We should know about this. The 3 vets signed are damn near perfect for them. They now have a decent vet at each position in HIll, temple, carter, Randolph, and koufos.

I don't completely disagree with you. I thought it was an interesting counterpoint to the praise the Kings have gotten over those moves. I do think the Kings with scott Perry have a much better direction. It will be interesting to see how this all works out. I'm not cheering for the Kings to fail I sorta want it to work out to some extent.
SameOldNudityDrew

Also, what are the rules on stretching contracts and buying guys out? Could we do that with Aldrich?
TheFuture

Post by TheFuture »

Same monster. I don't like the kings, that vitriol goes back a ways. But I'm cheering for them to succeed second only to our Wolves (only talking Western Conference).
Monster

Post by Monster »

The cap space is running out but a few teams will still have the full mid level to use. Some of those teams may not use it if they have all or most of their roster spots full.

That list does show plenty of players available. I think we can fill out the bench well enough with guys that can do something well. It is going to take some time to wait things out and there will continue to be more guys available one route or another.
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

SameOldDrew wrote:Also, what are the rules on stretching contracts and buying guys out? Could we do that with Aldrich?

You essentially add a year to the contract and stretch the money out over the extra year. So a two year deal becomes a 3 year deal for the same money and the guy is essentially waived and you generate cap space now while adding a cap hit on the back end for the added year. It'd open just under 5 million in cap space, but add that to the summer of 19/20 when Butler, Teague and Gibson will be up.