Free Agency with Other Teams

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Monster

Re: Free Agency with Other Teams

Post by Monster »

kekgeek1 wrote:
worldK wrote:
Q12543 wrote:
60WinTim wrote:Another one bites the dust... Thabo to Utah.

Dammit! Utah is going to be a bitch defensively. I'm telling you guys, they are going to be a tough out.

I agree. Thabo/favors/gobert/rubio/hood. That is a terrific and top 3 defensive unit.

The legit problem they have is besides Iso Joe. Nobody can create a shot off the dribble. They won't be fun to play though.

Like legit the west is so stupid. Even bad teams like the Lakers, kings and the suns are going to be a pain in the ass to play.

Utah is built for Rubio though. Give him the ball and let him try and work some magic which could work because they have some shooting including their rookie and they also just signed Jerebko.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

monsterpile wrote:
kekgeek1 wrote:
worldK wrote:
Q12543 wrote:
60WinTim wrote:Another one bites the dust... Thabo to Utah.

Dammit! Utah is going to be a bitch defensively. I'm telling you guys, they are going to be a tough out.

I agree. Thabo/favors/gobert/rubio/hood. That is a terrific and top 3 defensive unit.

The legit problem they have is besides Iso Joe. Nobody can create a shot off the dribble. They won't be fun to play though.

Like legit the west is so stupid. Even bad teams like the Lakers, kings and the suns are going to be a pain in the ass to play.

Utah is built for Rubio though. Give him the ball and let him try and work some magic which could work because they have some shooting including their rookie and they also just signed Jerebko.

They are going to have the same problem as we had with ricky. Go under the screen and make ricky beat them. Keep close to the shooters because if Ricky does attack he is historically a terrible finisher so make him finish instead of an open 3.

Ricky will make gobert a better offensive player. But this is probably the first time in his career he won't play with a legit stretch big.

They will be a pain in the ass to play but I could see legit problems
Monster

Post by Monster »

Jonathon Simmons is now an Unrestricted FA. I though they had a deal lined up for him. Are they planning something? I wonder what kind of deal he will get now.
slimcalhoun27 [enjin:6640095]

Post by slimcalhoun27 [enjin:6640095] »

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-jazz-agree-deal-former-baylor-star-ekpe-udoh-143946709.html

Udoh to Utah, on a 2 year 6.5 million contract. Damn!

And now Sefolosha
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

slimcalhoun27 wrote:https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-jazz-agree-deal-former-baylor-star-ekpe-udoh-143946709.html

And now Sefolosha

Love what Utah has done, despite the Hayward move. I realize they aren't a Western Conference favorite, but considering the free agent losses of Hayward and Hill, they have done a hell of a job piecing together a good, competitive team in my opinion.

I'm still amazed that there is virtually ZERO moves from team in the East that appear to be bold, out-of-the-box, or forward thinking. The imbalance is such a joke.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Q12543 wrote:
slimcalhoun27 wrote:https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-jazz-agree-deal-former-baylor-star-ekpe-udoh-143946709.html

And now Sefolosha

Love what Utah has done, despite the Hayward move. I realize they aren't a Western Conference favorite, but considering the free agent losses of Hayward and Hill, they have done a hell of a job piecing together a good, competitive team in my opinion.

I'm still amazed that there is virtually ZERO moves from team in the East that appear to be bold, out-of-the-box, or forward thinking. The imbalance is such a joke.

Atlanta has been pretty bold (in a different way) letting guys go and patiently waiting things out. I can see them being this year's Miami Heat signing some guys to prove it deals (already have signed Muscala and Illyasova) and being somewhat of a surprise. If they don't that's fine they can build through draft picks which they suddenly have a few of even if they aren't high picks. They also still have a decent chunk of salary cap space to work with to add some players including someone like Bazz.
BloopOracle

Post by BloopOracle »

Jonathan Simmons to the Magic

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/885946882702409729
Monster

Post by Monster »

The Bulls claimed David Nwaba which I assume means the Wolves didn't put in a waiver claim. Fire Thibs!!! lol
slimcalhoun27 [enjin:6640095]

Post by slimcalhoun27 [enjin:6640095] »

monsterpile wrote:The Bulls claimed David Nwaba which I assume means the Wolves didn't put in a waiver claim. Fire Thibs!!! lol

Pulls didn't have a very good Summer League performance from anyone. Lauri did okay but Hoiberg didn't have much praise about anyone. Dunn, not shooting well, so nwaba makes sense.
SameOldNudityDrew

Post by SameOldNudityDrew »

BloopOracle wrote:Jonathan Simmons to the Magic

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/885946882702409729

Weird, why would San Antonio let him walk. Signing Rudy Gay, the weird Aldridge stuff, something's off in San Antonio this summer.