Free Agency with Other Teams

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
TheFuture

Re: Free Agency with Other Teams

Post by TheFuture »

monsterpile wrote:Per Woj

"Andre Roberson has agreed to a new three-year, $30M deal with Oklahoma City, league sources tell ESPN."

It really is crazy how the market has changed this year. Last year he probably would have got something near 20 million. Bazz may have to settle for an exception dealnfoe a year at best. What a difference 12 or so months makes.

Well, last year gave every team what, 20 mil? The owners knew it, which is why they fought to spread it over 10 years. Players fought for, and won, getting it installed immediately. Led to Durant, and average to shit players getting huge money. Agents knew it wouldn't be the same, as did the owners, the players somehow could not see it. How stupid of them.

P.S. wasn't Roberson offered something like 4/54 and he turned it down??

Edit: it was 4/48 he turned down.

Wish I could keep my job after losing a client 6 mil over three years (potentially more over 4)
Monster

Post by Monster »

Let's talk a bit about OKC for a minute.

PG Russ
SG George
SF Roberson
PF Patterson/grant
C Adams

Good gravy that team could be a nightmare to play. George at SG? I was reading an article about how George got more open looks playing with Teague than he did with George Hill and now he is going to be playing with Westbrook? He is a massive upgrade over Dipo on both ends of the floor and their wing player are basically both small ball PF length guys. The have some interesting depth too. They can put some lineups out there that can basically switch almost everything. I did hear Patterson had some knee issues the 2nd half of last year so that may have been part of his lower price. After a down year for the west overall...buckle up.
TheFuture

Post by TheFuture »

monsterpile wrote:Let's talk a bit about OKC for a minute.

PG Russ
SG George
SF Roberson
PF Patterson/grant
C Adams

Good gravy that team could be a nightmare to play. George at SG? I was reading an article about how George got more open looks playing with Teague than he did with George Hill and now he is going to be playing with Westbrook? He is a massive upgrade over Dipo on both ends of the floor and their wing player are basically both small ball PF length guys. The have some interesting depth too. They can put some lineups out there that can basically switch almost everything. I did hear Patterson had some knee issues the 2nd half of last year so that may have been part of his lower price. After a down year for the west overall...buckle up.

Only for Minnesota can you come out one week as a nationally talked about 2-4 seed and 2-3 weeks later come out as only a challenger in the 4-8 seed area...

They also have Abrines with a sweet stroke 3 and Kanter as a low post dominant offensive force on their bench. And McDermott, Christon, Heustes, Ferguson as well.

That team beats us at PG easily, Butler and George are a wash. Roberson and Wiggins are a Wash, KAT wins at center but Adams is no slouch, our only area to win is at PF and that is more or less a wash. Their bench >> ours right now. This sucks.
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

TheFuture wrote:
monsterpile wrote:Let's talk a bit about OKC for a minute.

PG Russ
SG George
SF Roberson
PF Patterson/grant
C Adams

Only for Minnesota can you come out one week as a nationally talked about 2-4 seed and 2-3 weeks later come out as only a challenger in the 4-8 seed area...

They also have Abrines with a sweet stroke 3 and Kanter as a low post dominant offensive force on their bench. And McDermott, Christon, Heustes, Ferguson as well.

That team beats us at PG easily, Butler and George are a wash. Roberson and Wiggins are a Wash, KAT wins at center but Adams is no slouch, our only area to win is at PF and that is more or less a wash. Their bench >> ours right now. This sucks.

They have 3 guys on the whole team who can score the ball. Westbrook, PG and Kanter. I don't think they have the fire power to be that great. They're gonna have to win every game 90-89. They might have the defense to do that, but great offense usually beats great defense at the end of the day.

Boston and OKC need to trade away guys to clear cap space (OKC to get below the tax because of Roberson and Boston to sign Hayward). Spotrac has a weird cap number for us. They have Casspi on the cap at 1.5 million with potentially 5 million practical cap space for 10 players (including Casspi). That's enough to obsorb a McBuckets or Smart from either of those teams. It just sucks not knowing our cap space because that would be huge to get a McBuckets and still have our exception to land another wing.
TheFuture

Post by TheFuture »

Khans -

They actually made the playoffs last year. With mostly the same supporting cast intact. they gained PG13 for dipo, Taj, and Sabonis. They will be more than fine. Let's say this for averages: Russ - 25 points, PG13 - 25 pts, Roberson - 7 pts, 2Pat - 10 pts, Adams 10 pts, Kanter 14 pts, that's 91 pts. You don't think they can net 10-20 more points from the other 3-5 players while staggering 2 superstars now? While also being a top 10 defense in the league? They will be very good.

TheFuture wrote:Khans -

They actually made the playoffs last year. With mostly the same supporting cast intact. they gained PG13 for dipo, Taj, and Sabonis. They will be more than fine. Let's say this for averages: Russ - 25 points, PG13 - 25 pts, Roberson - 7 pts, 2Pat - 10 pts, Adams 10 pts, Kanter 14 pts, that's 91 pts. You don't think they can net 10-20 more points from the other 3-5 players while staggering 2 superstars now? While also being a top 10 defense in the league? They will be very good.

I actually don't think they have the 10-20 more points from the rest of that team and the second they stager is the second Westbrook and PG get double-teammed to take the ball out of their hands. I think they will be fine, but I don't have them within sniffing distance of the top teams. I think they will really struggle to score when they don't have both PG and Russ on the floor.
TheFuture

Post by TheFuture »

khans2k5 wrote:

I actually don't think they have the 10-20 more points from the rest of that team and the second they stager is the second Westbrook and PG get double-teammed to take the ball out of their hands. I think they will be fine, but I don't have them within sniffing distance of the top teams. I think they will really struggle to score when they don't have both PG and Russ on the floor.

We are in agreeance that I don't see them sniffing GS, Houston, or SA, but who is??

Yet, They competed fine with only Westbrook being the sole focal point, so they are definitely a better team adding PG13. Today they are a tougher matchup than they were last season. I don't see the argument here..

They are a definite competitor in our JV bracket, im not talking of the varsity bracket.

TheFuture wrote:
khans2k5 wrote:

We are in agreeance that I don't see them sniffing GS, Houston, or SA, but who is??

Yet, They competed fine with only Westbrook being the sole focal point, so they are definitely a better team adding PG13. Today they are a tougher matchup than they were last season. I don't see the argument here..

They are a definite competitor in our JV bracket, im not talking of the varsity bracket.

I should note that all my team judgements are based on post season potential more than how I think they compete with us in the regular season. I don't see them having the firepower to compete with Teague/Butler/Wiggins/Towns/Gibson in a playoff series. I think Wiggins is vastly superior to Roberson. Roberson is a 1 way defensive player. Andrew was scoring 20 PPG's last year and Roberson doesn't need to be guarded on the other end of the floor. That's an easy position win for us. And if you are using the no slouch argument for Adams then we get the same argument for Teague because Westbrook is nothing special defensively himself to stop Teague. I think they'll probably be the 4 seed after the regular season, but 1-4 vs. 5-8 seeding doesn't matter to me this year. We just need to punch our ticket and get the experience and I think we will be a much tougher out than them.
TheFuture

Post by TheFuture »

That's fair. I'd agree the KAT vs. Adams and Teague vs. Westbrook matchups are offset. PG13 vs. Butler and PF matchups are a wash for me. I will say that I am wrong on the Wiggins vs. Roberson matchup. Wiggins Should come out on top here considering I value Wiggins' offense/defense combo over Robersons. Their bench is better today than ours though. By far.