Free Agency with Other Teams

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
SameOldNudityDrew

Re: Free Agency with Other Teams

Post by SameOldNudityDrew »

kekgeek1 wrote:Reports saying it is between us, wiz and cavs for Jamal Crawford.

I would love a miles, Crawford bench offseason

Do you have a link? And how could we get both Miles AND Crawford? Just getting one of those guys would be cool at this point.

How can the Wiz afford Crawford? I thought they were letting Bogdanovic walk because they had to give Porter all that money.

Would the Cavs add somebody with an exception? I imagine Crawford would pick a shot at a ring over us or the Wiz. He's 37 years old.
TheFuture

Post by TheFuture »

Squishypoo wrote:Trade Cole and pick for CJ and a 2nd round pick, Add Crawford for the RE, Then add a cheep pg like Ty Lawson and call it good.

I am leaning towards something like Cole and 1st for CJ and 2 2nds. Crawford I would pass on. He is a negative nowadays.

Edit: Assume the pacers are now a bottom 10 team. 2 2nds in the 35-40 range may be better than a 22-28 pick from OKC .... if we don't sell them...
TheFuture

Post by TheFuture »

kekgeek1 wrote:Here is my question why wouldn't the Pacers decide to trade miles for Aldrich and a 2nd. The reason I ask isn't that better than losing him for absolutely nothing to another team not the wolves.

Also have dubs to offer

That's what I hope happens, and should. Thibs playing hardball for that exact scenario, I'm sure of it. Watch him cave on Aldrich and 1st for CJ haha.
Squishypoo [enjin:6648839]

Post by Squishypoo [enjin:6648839] »

TheFuture wrote:
Squishypoo wrote:Trade Cole and pick for CJ and a 2nd round pick, Add Crawford for the RE, Then add a cheep pg like Ty Lawson and call it good.

I am leaning towards something like Cole and 1st for CJ and 2 2nds. Crawford I would pass on. He is a negative nowadays.

Crawford is just what are bench need's.
TheFuture

Post by TheFuture »

Squishypoo wrote:
TheFuture wrote:

Crawford is just what are bench need's.

Career 41% Fg and 35% 3, rather high usage player who plays zero defense. I'm not sure that he is exactly what we need.

Keep in mind he is brutal in the playoffs.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

SameOldDrew wrote:
kekgeek1 wrote:Reports saying it is between us, wiz and cavs for Jamal Crawford.

I would love a miles, Crawford bench offseason

Do you have a link? And how could we get both Miles AND Crawford? Just getting one of those guys would be cool at this point.

How can the Wiz afford Crawford? I thought they were letting Bogdanovic walk because they had to give Porter all that money.

Would the Cavs add somebody with an exception? I imagine Crawford would pick a shot at a ring over us or the Wiz. He's 37 years old.

Check out @BleacherReport's Tweet: https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/883048441814945792?s=01

Check out @RealGM's Tweet: https://twitter.com/RealGM/status/883043324898066433?s=01

He will still be paid by the Hawks once he is waived. Room exemption for him.

And sign and trade for Miles
Monster

Post by Monster »

TheFuture wrote:
kekgeek1 wrote:
TheFuture wrote:
monsterpile wrote:The significant difference between some of these guys and Gibson is he is signed for only 2 years. Olynyk is 4 years and honestly I think he is a bench player and a lesser player than Gibson but that's subjective.

Lee is overpaid in this market and signed for 3 more years.

Gay? What player are you really getting? For that money it's a pretty solid risk but I'm not dying to get Gay because I'm not convinced he will be healthy and effective.

Miami is about to be done and the Kings are probably close now loading up on vets. Let's keep letting this play out with that patience you have been preaching Lip!

Man, the kings might just enter the Dog Fight of 5-8 seeds! Absolutely love what they have done.

Eh I like what they have done but a team is not making the playoffs with hill and Hield as their best players

Hill/Fox/Mason
Hield/Carter
Richardson/Jackson
Skal/Randolph/Giles
WCS/Koufas/Papi

Great mix of young, old, defense, offense. Still some cap to go get a SF as well, and wouldn't be surprised to see them move Koufos. I doubt they are done and won't be an easy W.

You're likely right, probably a 35-41 win team rather than a playoff team, but we shall see.

What the Dunc'd on guys don't like about these moves is that they are going to be paying those guys a bunch of money and playing minutes that young guys could get. Who is the star on that team? They might lose some draft slots. They could have kept that space open to take on bad contracts and add draft picks. Now they could add some older players but maybe not to that extent. Maybe this all works out to make them a better team but I agree with those guys it may not work out going this way. If Inwas a Kings fan I would have a hard time not getting excited though. Those guys are more somewhat more legit vets not like Affalo types they have brought in before.
Squishypoo [enjin:6648839]

Post by Squishypoo [enjin:6648839] »

PG, Lawson/other,Jones
SG, Crawford
SF, CJ
PF, Bjelly
C , Dieng Or is he better PF?

Thats a pretty good 2nd team IMO.
TheFuture

Post by TheFuture »

monsterpile wrote:
TheFuture wrote:
kekgeek1 wrote:
TheFuture wrote:
monsterpile wrote:The significant difference between some of these guys and Gibson is he is signed for only 2 years. Olynyk is 4 years and honestly I think he is a bench player and a lesser player than Gibson but that's subjective.

Lee is overpaid in this market and signed for 3 more years.

Gay? What player are you really getting? For that money it's a pretty solid risk but I'm not dying to get Gay because I'm not convinced he will be healthy and effective.

Miami is about to be done and the Kings are probably close now loading up on vets. Let's keep letting this play out with that patience you have been preaching Lip!

Man, the kings might just enter the Dog Fight of 5-8 seeds! Absolutely love what they have done.

Eh I like what they have done but a team is not making the playoffs with hill and Hield as their best players

Hill/Fox/Mason
Hield/Carter
Richardson/Jackson
Skal/Randolph/Giles
WCS/Koufas/Papi

Great mix of young, old, defense, offense. Still some cap to go get a SF as well, and wouldn't be surprised to see them move Koufos. I doubt they are done and won't be an easy W.

You're likely right, probably a 35-41 win team rather than a playoff team, but we shall see.

What the Dunc'd on guys don't like about these moves is that they are going to be paying those guys a bunch of money and playing minutes that young guys could get. Who is the star on that team? They might lose some draft slots. They could have kept that space open to take on bad contracts and add draft picks. Now they could add some older players but maybe not to that extent. Maybe this all works out to make them a better team but I agree with those guys it may not work out going this way. If Inwas a Kings fan I would have a hard time not getting excited though. Those guys are more somewhat more legit vets not like Affalo types they have brought in before.

But they have at least 8 first round picks from the last 3 years on that team already. I doubt they're too concerned about the crapshoot of the lottery when they need to develop a ton of guys already. We should know about this. The 3 vets signed are damn near perfect for them. They now have a decent vet at each position in HIll, temple, carter, Randolph, and koufos.
SameOldNudityDrew

Post by SameOldNudityDrew »

There are still some big names or at least halfway decent players out there. There's not nearly enough cap space left out there to sign all these guys without paying them very little right? I'm underlining some shooters.

Noel (RFA)
Pau Gasol (is he resigning with the Spurs?)
KCP (is he not getting an offer? How much will the Pistons pay him?)
Derrick Rose (is he going to Milwaukee or not?)
Rondo (going to the Knicks?)
Ilyasova (man, this guy would be great value for a team right now!)
Hardaway (RFA, Atlanta will keep him)
Dedmon
Mirotic (is he staying with the Bulls?)
Johnson (he's gotta be staying with Miami, but do they still have the space to sign him? I think he's going to take little money, which could turn out to be a great deal for Miami)
Jonathan Simmons (going to NYK, Spur will probably match, right?)
Bogdanovic (RFA, but can the Wiz even match?)
BAZZ!
Jamychal Green (RFA)
Tony Allen
CJ Miles
Tyreke Evans
Deron Williams
Jerebko
Jeff Green
Beasley
Udoh (coming back from Turkey?)
Alan Williams (RFA, Phoenix will match, good player, really good player, actually)
Afflalo
Stuckey
Sefolosha
Tolliver (has he signed? another guy we could use)
Henderson
Barnes
Jason Terry
Derrick Williams (best almost dunker in NBA until Marquiss Criss)
Muscala
Babbitt
Dunleavy
Terrence Jones

http://hoopshype.com/2017/07/04/nba-free-agency-2017-the-top-players/