Jimmy Butler set to meet with Thibs and Layden Monday to have honest discussion about future

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Leado01

Re: Jimmy Butler set to meet with Thibs and Layden Monday to have honest discussion about future

Post by Leado01 »

Thibs can go. Butler can go.

As far as I'm concerned the limitations of this team rest squarely on both of their shoulders.

Sign KAT and bring in someone that can figure out how to leverage an extremely elite athlete (Wiggins) instead of trying to turn him into something he isn't.

What made Thibs a respected coach was taking a group of players with limited talent and making them a contender while he absolutely ruined a generational talent in Derrick Rose (Rose was so gifted athletically). Chicago hated him for it. I'd rather blow it up today and give the reigns to Stackhouse for the next phase. Players can learn without hating the game and killing themselves.
1965-2023
"He Meant Well"
worldK

Re: Jimmy Butler set to meet with Thibs and Layden Monday to have honest discussion about future

Post by worldK »

If it is a butler vs Towns thing then I assume this board will be unanimous in keeping towns over jimmy.
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

worldK wrote:If it is a butler vs Towns thing then I assume this board will be unanimous in keeping towns over jimmy.

If they're that childish I'm all for dumping both of them and going back to the lottery. I cannot enjoy rooting for a team of people I hate.
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

TheSP wrote:
worldK wrote:If it is a butler vs Towns thing then I assume this board will be unanimous in keeping towns over jimmy.

If they're that childish I'm all for dumping both of them and going back to the lottery. I cannot enjoy rooting for a team of people I hate.

Yeah, I almost feel the same way. While the simple answer is you keep KAT and everyone else is fire-able or trade-able, I can see how he could get under Butler's skin. He's kind of whiny and dramatic in the way he plays, which can be annoying. Still.....Butler should have taken the high road. They are both at fault.
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

I didn't realize Phil Jackson broke up Shaq and Kobe...oh wait he didn't. Why did Flip break up Stephon and KG? It's on the players to figure this shit out. If the zen master and one of the most likeable guys in the league couldn't figure it out I find it unrealistic to put that on Thibs to figure out or it's his fault.
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

Also be careful what you wish for in regards to blowing it up. We're a .500 team without Jimmy and that was before our conference got even more stacked. Enjoy the lottery and Towns still not being a true franchise player. That's what you get with me first ego and doing nothing to elevate the play of your team.
mjs34

Post by mjs34 »

khans2k5 wrote:Also be careful what you wish for in regards to blowing it up. We're a .500 team without Jimmy and that was before our conference got even more stacked. Enjoy the lottery and Towns still not being a true franchise player. That's what you get with me first ego and doing nothing to elevate the play of your team.

Khans, I am interested in your take on how successful the team would be if KAT walked away, and we re-signed Jimmy.
Would we be a playoff team, and do you think Jimmy is over the knee issue?
Monster

Post by Monster »

Well we are gonna have to wait another whole day.

https://twitter.com/jimmybutler/status/1041874339270803456?s=21

"exactly why people need to stop believing what you see on the internet.. I didn't have no damn meeting today... its tomorrow.. i wonder what else people write and people believe hmmm..."
Monster

Post by Monster »

khans2k5 wrote:I didn't realize Phil Jackson broke up Shaq and Kobe...oh wait he didn't. Why did Flip break up Stephon and KG? It's on the players to figure this shit out. If the zen master and one of the most likeable guys in the league couldn't figure it out I find it unrealistic to put that on Thibs to figure out or it's his fault.

and...Phil was awesome dealing with players when running the Knicks!
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

khans2k5 wrote:Also be careful what you wish for in regards to blowing it up. We're a .500 team without Jimmy and that was before our conference got even more stacked. Enjoy the lottery and Towns still not being a true franchise player. That's what you get with me first ego and doing nothing to elevate the play of your team.

I would love to blow it up if that means dumping Thibs and trading Butler. KA-Boom!!!!!