Jimmy Butler set to meet with Thibs and Layden Monday to have honest discussion about future

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Monster

Re: Jimmy Butler set to meet with Thibs and Layden Monday to have honest discussion about future

Post by Monster »

crazy-canuck wrote:Deng is thibs' hail mary at fixing this lockerroom because he sure as hell cant and neither can jimmy. Both seem to be part of the problem and not part of the solution.

I think it might be more than a coincidence that the bulls imploded as soon as deng left.

Jamal seems like a straight up guy abd was under the assumption that it was a minutes issue as to why he left. But, i think there might be more.

"Howard Beck
Howard Beck
@HowardBeck
The Jimmy Butler news (per
@JonKrawczynski
) underscores the discontent in Minnesota. As Jamal Crawford told me on yesterday's Full 48, "For me, it just wasn't a happy environment. It just wasn't happy"

https://mobile.twitter.com/HowardBeck/status/1041094973356224518?s=19

Just listening to the podcast and there isn't anything in it he hasn't said before.
Lipoli390

Re: Jimmy Butler set to meet with Thibs and Layden Monday to have honest discussion about future

Post by Lipoli390 »

crazy-canuck wrote:Deng is thibs' hail mary at fixing this lockerroom because he sure as hell cant and neither can jimmy. Both seem to be part of the problem and not part of the solution.

I think it might be more than a coincidence that the bulls imploded as soon as deng left.

Jamal seems like a straight up guy abd was under the assumption that it was a minutes issue as to why he left. But, i think there might be more.

"Howard Beck
Howard Beck
@HowardBeck
@JonKrawczynski
) underscores the discontent in Minnesota. As Jamal Crawford told me on yesterday's Full 48, "For me, it just wasn't a happy environment. It just wasn't happy"

You nailed it, Crazy. I agree that Thibs signed Deng in part for locker room purposes. And I've said from the beginning, that Jamaal didn't leave over $4 million on the table because he thought he'd get more money or more minutes. He's smart and so is his agent. His agent clearly knew his market value and Crawford's smart enough to know it was unlikely he'd get more minutes than last season at age 38. Jamaal's words confirm his main reason for leaving and the terrible environment present in this organization under Thibodeau. Crawford throwing away over $4 million just to get out of here, Thibodeau getting into an extremely heated argument with Layden, Butler publicly complaining about his key teammates through media cronies, Teague publicly feuding with Thibodeau over his failure to give more playing time the the bench and Tyus Jones specifically, KAT's reluctance to sign a really lucrative extension, free agents generally not coming here if they have choices unless paid at the high end of their market value. These are all very visible signs of an organization in disarray. It would probably look far worse if we knew all the things that have never found their way into the public domain.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

monsterpile wrote:

"Howard Beck
Howard Beck
@HowardBeck
@JonKrawczynski

Just listening to the podcast and there isn't anything in it he hasn't said before.

True, but it was damning the first time he said it. Crawford was clearly fleeing what he called and unhappy environment. If we open our eyes, ears and minds to all the other things reported last season and this past summer, we have to acknowledge there are some serious issues with the atmospherics of this organization.
Brooklyn_Wolves [enjin:14608167]

Post by Brooklyn_Wolves [enjin:14608167] »

Thibs won't get another HC job in the NBA.
Assistant is the most he'll be able to get once he's fired from the Wolves job. His rep is in the toilet right now.
Monster

Post by Monster »

lipoli390 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:

"Howard Beck
Howard Beck
@HowardBeck
@JonKrawczynski

True, but it was damning the first time he said it. Crawford was clearly fleeing what he called and unhappy environment. If we open our eyes, ears and minds to all the other things reported last season and this past summer, we have to acknowledge there are some serious issues with the atmospherics of this organization.

Have you listened to any of the podcasts where Crawford made these comments?
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

lipoli390 wrote:

"Howard Beck
Howard Beck
@HowardBeck
@JonKrawczynski

You nailed it, Crazy. I agree that Thibs signed Deng in part for locker room purposes. And I've said from the beginning, that Jamaal didn't leave over $4 million on the table because he thought he'd get more money or more minutes. He's smart and so is his agent. His agent clearly knew his market value and Crawford's smart enough to know it was unlikely he'd get more minutes than last season at age 38. Jamaal's words confirm his main reason for leaving and the terrible environment present in this organization under Thibodeau. Crawford throwing away over $4 million just to get out of here, Thibodeau getting into an extremely heated argument with Layden, Butler publicly complaining about his key teammates through media cronies, Teague publicly feuding with Thibodeau over his failure to give more playing time the the bench and Tyus Jones specifically, KAT's reluctance to sign a really lucrative extension, free agents generally not coming here if they have choices unless paid at the high end of their market value. These are all very visible signs of an organization in disarray. It would probably look far worse if we knew all the things that have never found their way into the public domain.

Yeah, I agree. Deng is a last ditch effort to convince Butler to stay here, and I'm afraid we will find out tomorrow it wasn't enough. Jamal Crawford is one of the best-liked, most-respected vets in the league, and what he says carries a lot of weight. His speaking openly about this not being a happy environment is not going to help the Wolves bring in attractive free agents, and that will be critical after Butler's departure. Glen has to understand what a cancer Thibs is to this franchise, and needs to move on by mid-season unless the Wolves are near the top of the standings.
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

At what point do you just blow it up, bring in a new front office, coach, and then trade everybody away for a completely fresh start? Most importantly, is it even possible to trade away Wiggins and that contract without giving up draft picks?

If Crawford thinks one year in the Wolves organization sucked he should try being a fan!
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

TheSP wrote:At what point do you just blow it up, bring in a new front office, coach, and then trade everybody away for a completely fresh start? Most importantly, is it even possible to trade away Wiggins and that contract without giving up draft picks?

If Crawford thinks one year in the Wolves organization sucked he should try being a fan!

If only Wolves had lost one more regular season game and missed playoffs, I believe Thibs would have been gone already. I think if Butler says he is gone, Taylor will want to get rid of Thibs as soon as he has found replacements. Most likely, he'd, strip Thibs of GM duties before season starts and then likely fire Thibs as coach after the season (barring some spectacular improvement like making western conference finals).

As far as players, I'd keep KAT, Tyus Jones and Okogie and look to unload everyone else (to extent they have any positive trade value).
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

TheSP wrote:At what point do you just blow it up, bring in a new front office, coach, and then trade everybody away for a completely fresh start? Most importantly, is it even possible to trade away Wiggins and that contract without giving up draft picks?

there won't truly be a fresh start til Glen's not the owner anymore.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

monsterpile wrote:
lipoli390 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:

"Howard Beck
Howard Beck
@HowardBeck
@JonKrawczynski

Have you listened to any of the podcasts where Crawford made these comments?

Not sure what your point is Monster. In this recent interview Crawford said, "for me, it just wasn't a happy enviroment. It just wasn't happy." That's pretty telling/damning. You said he didn't say anything now that he hasn't said before. I took your word for it, which means it was as damning then as now.