Butler requests trade...

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520]

Re: Butler requests trade...

Post by BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520] »

Well done Thibs and Jimmy. Just saw this news on Around the Horn and they're all confused too.

Clips, Nets and Knicks? What could they possibly offer? Let him play out this contract and let's all enjoy the awkwardness and joke that is the wolves franchise. Booooo!!! Boooooo!!!
BloopOracle

Post by BloopOracle »

D'angelo Russell and an unprotected 1st, let's do it
crazy-canuck [enjin:18955461]

Post by crazy-canuck [enjin:18955461] »

Jimmy obviously isn't interested in winning considering the 3 teams he chose to get traded for.

Hes looking to brand himself.
Hes looking for a situation where he can be the alpha and have teammates bad enough that he can shift blame when they start losing.
There are any talented players (zingus, but he's out a while abd will come back from major surgery) for him to feel threatened.
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

Big O wrote:
TheSP wrote:Anybody who still follows this team for any reason other than comic relief is fooling themselves.

When I saw this news on Twitter I just lol'ed, literally out loud. They've beaten any actual concern out of me, I just don't care and was only one step removed from hoping for the worst. Seriously, I'm now just as interested in seeing how bad things can get as I am seeing them succeed. Glenn, give me a call, I'll be there with shovel in hand as you unintentionally dig a deeper hole!

This is in all honesty funny to me!

I hear you SP. This news brought me out of retirement to read the reaction on this board. Happy to see a kindred spirit. Here's something else that might cheer you up....

https://twitter.com/Skorzo60/status/1042477887872491521
Wolves should trade Wiggy ($25 million) and Butler ($19 million) to Kings for expiring contracts (Z Bo, Koufus, McLemore, Shumpert and Harry Giles, all of which expire after 2019). That will clear $148 million of Wiggy. Lemonade out of lemons.

So, who is expected to be among the top lottery picks this years? A sense of normalcy has once again returned to Target Center!
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

TheSP wrote:
Big O wrote:
TheSP wrote:Anybody who still follows this team for any reason other than comic relief is fooling themselves.

When I saw this news on Twitter I just lol'ed, literally out loud. They've beaten any actual concern out of me, I just don't care and was only one step removed from hoping for the worst. Seriously, I'm now just as interested in seeing how bad things can get as I am seeing them succeed. Glenn, give me a call, I'll be there with shovel in hand as you unintentionally dig a deeper hole!

This is in all honesty funny to me!

I hear you SP. This news brought me out of retirement to read the reaction on this board. Happy to see a kindred spirit. Here's something else that might cheer you up....

https://twitter.com/Skorzo60/status/1042477887872491521
Wolves should trade Wiggy ($25 million) and Butler ($19 million) to Kings for expiring contracts (Z Bo, Koufus, McLemore, Shumpert and Harry Giles, all of which expire after 2019). That will clear $148 million of Wiggy. Lemonade out of lemons.

So, who is expected to be among the top lottery picks this years? A sense of normalcy has once again returned to Target Center!

Get Zion and all is forgiven lol
BloopOracle

Post by BloopOracle »

oh shit

https://twitter.com/dloading/status/1042499528232984576?s=21

I'm guessing this is a play on the spooky wolves meme that was all over social media before this past season
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

BloopOracle wrote:oh shit

https://twitter.com/dloading/status/1042499528232984576?s=21

I'm guessing this is a play on the spooky wolves meme that was all over social media before this past season

I wonder if D-Lo noticed that Butler was in a suit and tie.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

Now being reported that butler wants to be a clipper.

I would be happy with Harris, Alexander and a pick
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

So many emotions about this:

1) I told you so
2) Butler is the loser I've always believed him to be
3) Our stupid media was reporting that nothing major was expected to come out of this meeting. I knew better. Just shows you what kind of clowns the local writers can be.
4) Should have moved him before this past draft, some of us have said that all along. We won't get as much now but at least he will be gone.
5) I'm actually a little excited about what we might get back. I'd love Knox and a pick for him. That would be a homerun.
6) I'm sure Kyrie is going to go join him wherever he goes and that has all been well thought out by the two of them.
7) Now we have all these mediocre ex-Bulls players and a dumbass coach to lead them. I hope the next move is to dump Thibs and get a new regime in here to undo some of this. It doesn't have to be a long term rebuild if the right guy is brought in and the right moves are made.
8) Keeping Thibs at this point would set us back even further.
9) Looking forward to this becoming KAT's and Wig's team again. A smart executive should be able to take those two, the asset(s) we get from the trade and build this team into a winner. I could do it.
10) It's funny, but I feel much better today about our future than I did yesterday. Just don't let Thibs orchestrate it.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

kekgeek1 wrote:Now being reported that butler wants to be a clipper.

I would be happy with Harris, Alexander and a pick

They don't have much, but that would probably be the right combo from them.