Butler requests trade...

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
TAFKASP

Re: Butler requests trade...

Post by TAFKASP »

Anybody who still follows this team for any reason other than comic relief is fooling themselves.

When I saw this news on Twitter I just lol'ed, literally out loud. They've beaten any actual concern out of me, I just don't care and was only one step removed from hoping for the worst. Seriously, I'm now just as interested in seeing how bad things can get as I am seeing them succeed. Glenn, give me a call, I'll be there with shovel in hand as you unintentionally dig a deeper hole!

This is in all honesty funny to me!
Leado01

Post by Leado01 »

Keep Layden.

Fire Thibs and pay him.

Bring in Jerry Stackhouse to coach.

Can we guess the teams where Butler is willing to sign with an extension?

Trade for Hardaway Jr. and be done. Good riddance.
1965-2023
"He Meant Well"
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

leado01 wrote:Keep Layden.

Fire Thibs and pay him.

Bring in Jerry Stackhouse to coach.

Can we guess the teams where Butler is willing to sign with an extension?

Jerry Stackhouse?
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

Should we finally be admitting that yet again, Minnesota should not have a professional basketball team? Taylor is a complete joke, and he's been their best owner.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

Why don't we angle for John Wall? At this point we may as well be capped out for 4 years. Make Taylor finally spend some of his own money again after 14 years. Then sell the team to a Seattle billionaire once everyone leaves.
Big O [enjin:13874644]

Post by Big O [enjin:13874644] »

TheSP wrote:Anybody who still follows this team for any reason other than comic relief is fooling themselves.

When I saw this news on Twitter I just lol'ed, literally out loud. They've beaten any actual concern out of me, I just don't care and was only one step removed from hoping for the worst. Seriously, I'm now just as interested in seeing how bad things can get as I am seeing them succeed. Glenn, give me a call, I'll be there with shovel in hand as you unintentionally dig a deeper hole!

This is in all honesty funny to me!

I hear you SP. This news brought me out of retirement to read the reaction on this board. Happy to see a kindred spirit. Here's something else that might cheer you up....

https://twitter.com/Skorzo60/status/1042477887872491521
Wolves should trade Wiggy ($25 million) and Butler ($19 million) to Kings for expiring contracts (Z Bo, Koufus, McLemore, Shumpert and Harry Giles, all of which expire after 2019). That will clear $148 million of Wiggy. Lemonade out of lemons.
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

thedoper wrote:
longstrangetrip wrote:Woj says it's the Nets, Clippers and Knicks...all with max cap space. Interesting to not see the Lakers in there.

Well that's actually really good news then. He really is an idiot. If we got a draft pick out of either of those teams we'd have a player and a lottery pick.

Two bits of good news here: 1) it's 3 teams rather than just one...maybe helps our bargaining position if all three teams want him and 2) to your point, it's likely any draft pick will be a lottery.

The bad news is this: who do you want on any of those three teams that would also work from a dollars standpoint?
Leado01

Post by Leado01 »

You do realize Butler did the same thing in Chicago.... it's not unprecedented.

Dump him.
1965-2023
"He Meant Well"
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

leado01 wrote:You do realize Butler did the same thing in Chicago.... it's not unprecedented.

Dump him.

Yeah it's a pattern now. What a weirdo.
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

longstrangetrip wrote:
thedoper wrote:
longstrangetrip wrote:Woj says it's the Nets, Clippers and Knicks...all with max cap space. Interesting to not see the Lakers in there.

Well that's actually really good news then. He really is an idiot. If we got a draft pick out of either of those teams we'd have a player and a lottery pick.

Two bits of good news here: 1) it's 3 teams rather than just one...maybe helps our bargaining position if all three teams want him and 2) to your point, it's likely any draft pick will be a lottery.

The bad news is this: who do you want on any of those three teams that would also work from a dollars standpoint?

Porzingis