Butler requests trade...

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Lipoli390

Re: Butler requests trade...

Post by Lipoli390 »

crazy-canuck wrote:[youtube]i-vR_WUGY9o[/youtube]

I. Thomas nailed it with his comments on Butler.
Duke13

Post by Duke13 »

I think Griff nailed it, his takes are insightful and well thought out. "Dark Dogma" is spot on!! Griff is the antithesis of Layden!
crazy-canuck [enjin:18955461]

Post by crazy-canuck [enjin:18955461] »

Zeke and griff are both right.
Duke13

Post by Duke13 »

There is no question Jimmy and Tibs look bad in this and rightfully so, but I half don't blame Jimmy for not taking the team plane back home. If he had any sort of beef with Wig and Kat before that series, which at this point I don't think there is any question there was, watching Kat and Wig those games must of pushed him over the top.
Duke13

Post by Duke13 »

I think Kat is the most fake, superficial, insecure, stat hunting, teachers pet, and selfish player I've seen wear of wolves jersey.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Duke13 wrote:There is no question Jimmy and Tibs look bad in this and rightfully so, but I half don't blame Jimmy for not taking the team plane back home. If he had any sort of beef with Wig and Kat before that series, which at this point I don't think there is any question there was, watching Kat and Wig those games must of pushed him over the top.

Actually, Duke, Wiggins played pretty well in the playoffs. And as you know, I'm not a Wiggins apologist. So, no excuse for Butler's acting like a child and abandoning the team when they were down.

Otherwise, I agree that both Jimmy and Thibs look bad. I like Griff. How about hiring him to replace Thibodeau and Layden?
Duke13

Post by Duke13 »

He'd be at the top of anyone's GM list I'd think. I'm not going to review all his moves in Cleveland, well, because LeBron made half of them anyway. He appears very intellegent, but equally important confident and self assured.
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

Duke13 wrote:I think Griff nailed it, his takes are insightful and well thought out. "Dark Dogma" is spot on!! Griff is the antithesis of Layden!

Agreed, came off as a really intelligent guy. This team needed some toughness going into last season, but Butler + Thibs was probably too much of a good thing. You need a good guy and bad guy, not two bad guys that just beat down the young players.

I also agree that KAT and Wig are not without some blame here. Let's face it, those two have done nothing to give the fanbase confidence that they are capable of leading a team to the playoffs. I'm sure they can be frustrating as hell to mentor/coach at times.
Monster

Post by Monster »

lipoli390 wrote:
crazy-canuck wrote:[youtube]i-vR_WUGY9o[/youtube]

I. Thomas nailed it with his comments on Butler.

I thought this was actually really good with some worthwhile thoughts and insights. Thanks for posting CC.

It will be interesting to see if Thibs changes his approach somewhat not only in relating to players and people in general but how he deals with rotations and scheme wise. I have a tiny tiny sliver of optimism that Thibs could make some improvements and be more than we have seen. Not betting on it though.

The Dane Moore podcast one of the guys had a theory about Butler early on in the season when he was being a facilitator getting other guys involved. He thinks Butler wasn't completely healthy yet so he wasn't really able to do his thing. If that theory was true it's opens all kinds of interesting things to think about.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Duke13 wrote:He'd be at the top of anyone's GM list I'd think. I'm not going to review all his moves in Cleveland, well, because LeBron made half of them anyway. He appears very intellegent, but equally important confident and self assured.

One thing I will say is I think Griffin is a good GM if you have a contender type team already. His strengths are likely relationships (sounds very wholistic in this spot) and he made some very solid moves to add some vets to a team that needed them. I'm not sure I would have much confidence in his drafting ability though and that stuff matters. I'm a little surprised that the Sixers said he wasn't the calaborative guybthey wanted. I'm guessing there was so much respect for Brett Brown that they really wanted him to have someone that was closer to a partnership with him. That doesn't mean Griffin was a power hungry guy but probably felt like he was afforded the right to have final say. Bottom line is I would think he will end up with a front office job at some point in the near future. I wouldn't be opposed to it being here.