Maybe we could get Milsap or Ibaka after all?

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
60WinTim

Re: Maybe we could get Milsap or Ibaka after all?

Post by 60WinTim »

Speaking of which, Dante Cunningham opted out of his deal and is a FA. Did we burn our bridges with him?!?
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

60WinTim wrote:Speaking of which, Dante Cunningham opted out of his deal and is a FA. Did we burn our bridges with him?!?

Depends. Does his former girlfriend work in the organization?
BloopOracle

Post by BloopOracle »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
BloopOracle wrote:AK47 was probably our biggest FA, and we had to shower him with money

Remember when he took a lot less money to run away?

only the fishiest free agent deal in my lifetime lol, Prokov had to have slipped him some Russian property or stocks under the table
Monster

Post by Monster »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
60WinTim wrote:Speaking of which, Dante Cunningham opted out of his deal and is a FA. Did we burn our bridges with him?!?

Depends. Does his former girlfriend work in the organization?

Actually Tim the Wolves had people that helped Cunningham. He wasn't cleared fully until after Flip (who took over that year) and other teams had pretty much shaped their rosters. He signed pretty near the beginning of the season or it might have even been after the season started. It ended up working out ok for him but it was a bad deal for him to get a job that's season. He would be a really solid get imo.
BloopOracle

Post by BloopOracle »

well well well

https://twitter.com/hoopscritic/status/879784947145252865

League sources tell http://hoopscriitc.com that Paul Millsap will have at least 3 teams (SAC, DEN, and MIN) offering him a max contract
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Max money to Milsap from us? Just don't see how that works. KAT, Wig, and Butler will all need to be maxed at some point within the Milsap contract. I don't think the Wolves are ever going to have 4 max contracts. Plus Milsap is over 30. I don't believe the Wolves will offer him the max.
Monster

Post by Monster »

I'm not clicking on that link. I seem to remember that was a click bait worthless site. Regardless I'm with Cool I really don't see the Wolves offering the max.
Crazysauce

Post by Crazysauce »

Just curious but there is no way we could offer a max to millsap and then still be able to offer the max to butler and wiggins and towns still right? Or can we if taylor wants to go into the luxury tax? Also wiggins will pry get max after this year? Then towns the next? No way millsap would do a two year deal i suppose?
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

crazysauce wrote:Just curious but there is no way we could offer a max to millsap and then still be able to offer the max to butler and wiggins and towns still right? Or can we if taylor wants to go into the luxury tax? Also wiggins will pry get max after this year? Then towns the next? No way millsap would do a two year deal i suppose?

We need to cut cap space to sign Milsap to the max but if he was signed in theory they could sign Wig, towns and Butler to max deals if glen really wanted to (I would not do that)
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

CoolBreeze44 wrote:Max money to Milsap from us? Just don't see how that works. KAT, Wig, and Butler will all need to be maxed at some point within the Milsap contract. I don't think the Wolves are ever going to have 4 max contracts. Plus Milsap is over 30. I don't believe the Wolves will offer him the max.

I agree, Cool. It's a silly report. Either that or Thibs is insane.