Maybe we could get Milsap or Ibaka after all?

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
BloopOracle

Re: Maybe we could get Milsap or Ibaka after all?

Post by BloopOracle »

monsterpile wrote:If Paul Millsap is a 3 point shooter than so is Ricky Rubio. Look up the numbers. I think people get a little carried away with how they value Millsap and that's coming from a guy that's liked him a lot his whole career.

I have yet to see a credible report that today that says anything about Millsap and the Wolves.

No, you need to compare Millsaps shooting with other power forwards not point guards. I don't think Kelly Olynyk is a great rebounder just because he averages similar numbers to Rubio, they're different positions. I have looked up the numbers that's why I compared his shooting with Draymond Green. His last four seasons are his best three point shooting seasons of his career. You guys can say there's no chance in hell that he signs here but to say he doesn't add three point shooting is flat-out wrong
BloopOracle

Post by BloopOracle »

"No one said Millsap "can't shoot threes." But for pete's sake, he's not a good 3-point shooter. He's a 32.8% career 3-point shooter with a 31% 3-point average last season"

Draymond shot less than 31% from 3 this season and is a career 33% 3 point shooter, are the warriors stupid for letting him shoot Lip? Is he a bad 3 point shooter now? I don't know why this is so hard to understand that Millsap is a good 3-point shooter for his position.
Monster

Post by Monster »

BloopOracle wrote:"No one said Millsap "can't shoot threes." But for pete's sake, he's not a good 3-point shooter. He's a 32.8% career 3-point shooter with a 31% 3-point average last season"

Draymond shot less than 31% from 3 this season and is a career 33% 3 point shooter, are the warriors stupid for letting him shoot Lip? Is he a bad 3 point shooter now? I don't know why this is so hard to understand that Millsap is a good 3-point shooter for his position.

Have you looked up all the startering PFs and seen what percentage they shoot or did you just look at Draymond?
kurrdog53 [enjin:7013678]

Post by kurrdog53 [enjin:7013678] »

Completely agree here. Its not going to be Milsap with Ricky and/or Gorgui on the roster.

We all need to just take a breath and relax. Thibs and Layden said NOTHING publicly before the draft and made a big move. I am guessing there are some smoke screens going on to get other teams to bid high and use their cap space on players Thibs doesn't want. He has a plan, I truly believe it. It might be swooping in and picking up the pieces (ala Beverly) and improving his team without screwing it up. Stay tuned a few more days.
BloopOracle

Post by BloopOracle »

kurrdog53 wrote:Completely agree here. Its not going to be Milsap with Ricky and/or Gorgui on the roster.

We all need to just take a breath and relax. Thibs and Layden said NOTHING publicly before the draft and made a big move. I am guessing there are some smoke screens going on to get other teams to bid high and use their cap space on players Thibs doesn't want. He has a plan, I truly believe it. It might be swooping in and picking up the pieces (ala Beverly) and improving his team without screwing it up. Stay tuned a few more days.

What if Thibs flips Ricky in that 3 team deal for Beverly adding cap space in the process, and then with Atlanta engaging teams in sign and trade we trade Gorgui for Milsap. You would have a lineup 1-5 who are all adequate 3 point shooters. That is also an impressive defensive lineup and as Thibs says when it comes to 3's he doesn't need to be the team that shoots the most he just needs us to make more than they do. I think we can slow them down enough to do that with that starting 5. You would also have cap room leftover in this scenario to go after bench players
BloopOracle

Post by BloopOracle »

monsterpile wrote:
BloopOracle wrote:"No one said Millsap "can't shoot threes." But for pete's sake, he's not a good 3-point shooter. He's a 32.8% career 3-point shooter with a 31% 3-point average last season"

Have you looked up all the startering PFs and seen what percentage they shoot or did you just look at Draymond?

Not all of them, but I figured comparing him to the PF for arguably the greatest team of all time who openly lets him fire 3's in the most potent offense in the NBA and compares shooting percentages very similar with Milsap was a good starting point.
Monster

Post by Monster »

BloopOracle wrote:
monsterpile wrote:

Not all of them, but I figured comparing him to the PF for arguably the greatest team of all time who openly lets him fire 3's in the most potent offense in the NBA and compares shooting percentages very similar with Milsap was a good starting point.

Ok. It's worth looking at most of the league and seeing what PFs shoot 3's. You will find it's the norm now. Ithere are few teams like the Wolves that didn't have a starter or more of a real split starter that didn't have the 3 point shot as part of their game. What could make Millsap relatively unique compared to a number of those players is he doesn't take many corner 3's. It looks like he takes most of his 3's above the break. Those shots are a lower percentage 3 than the corner 3 obviously and having a guy that can make a 3 from more than basically the corner is good to have. It would be interesting to see how he compares to other guys in that regard.

I think when it comes to Millsap and his 3 point shooting Lip you and I are sort of arguing over semantics. You say he is a good 3 point shooter. We look at the percentages and say no he isn't. I think we could agree more if the argument was he could offer some value as a 3 point shooter. I think you will argue for a higher value he provides there than Lip and I would but I wouldn't completely dismiss it either. Would he be an upgrade shooting the 3 over Dieng? Sure so would a bunch of other guys.
BloopOracle

Post by BloopOracle »

"I think when it comes to Millsap and his 3 point shooting Lip you and I are sort of arguing over semantics. You say he is a good 3 point shooter. We look at the percentages and say no he isn't. I think we could agree more if the argument was he could offer some value as a 3 point shooter. I think you will argue for a higher value he provides there than Lip and I would but I wouldn't completely dismiss it either. Would he be an upgrade shooting the 3 over Dieng? Sure so would a bunch of other guys."

That's a very fair assessment