Butler injury speculation

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
KiwiMatt

Re: Butler injury speculation

Post by KiwiMatt »

Best wishes for a healthy recovery Jimmy! I too have also suffered a similar injury. Hopefully it can be repaired by arthroscopic surgery. If so he'll be back in 6 weeks.

In the interim, its Andrew Wiggins time!
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

KiwiMatt wrote:Best wishes for a healthy recovery Jimmy! I too have also suffered a similar injury. Hopefully it can be repaired by arthroscopic surgery. If so he'll be back in 6 weeks.

Would anyone be upset if we just unleashed Towns down the stretch and let him crank out 25 shots per game? Why not?

I say it jokingly... kind of...
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

This is relatlively good news compared to what it might have been. Worst case, he'll be back healthy at the beginning of next season. Here are my scenarios from best to worst, all of them assuming that Butler is at least back healthy at the start of next season:

1. Best case scenario: Wiggins steps up in a big way and the Wolves finish no worse than 6th. Then Jimmy returns for the playoffs and we have a really competitive first round series that we win or at least take to 7 games.

2. Next best scenario: Wiggins steps up in a big way and the Wolves finish no worse than 6th. Jimmy doesn't return for the playoffs, but we play win a couple first round games before getting knocked out.

3. Third best scenario: We finish 9th or 10th and end up keeping our own 1st round pick in this year's draft.

4. Worst scenarios: We somehow finish 7th or 8th, which case we will be swept and humiliated while still losing our 1st round pick.

I don't see us staying in front of OKC, Portland or Denver now. And I don't see us finishing ahead of the Spurs even though Leonard is out the rest of the season. The question is whether we stay ahead of both the Pelicans and Clippers. We're only 2 games ahead of the Pelicans and 3 games ahead of the Clippers. So I see the Wolves finishing 8th or 9th in the Conference unless Wiggins really surprises us.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Camden wrote:
KiwiMatt wrote:Best wishes for a healthy recovery Jimmy! I too have also suffered a similar injury. Hopefully it can be repaired by arthroscopic surgery. If so he'll be back in 6 weeks.

Would anyone be upset if we just unleashed Towns down the stretch and let him crank out 25 shots per game? Why not?

I'll say I would love it if we unleashed Towns for 25+ shots per game. And I'm not joking one bit!
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

Camden0916 wrote:

I think Towns and Wiggins have to both step up if we're even going to have a chance to play 500 ball the way out. Towns should have been shooting 20+ shots all year. Teague has been coming on a bit lately too so hopefully we can weather this. I'm eager to get the ball back in the kids' hands.

Somewhere Muhammad is anxiously waiting for minutes that he neither deserves nor will actually play. I would rather watch Aldrich play minutes at the wing before him.

Realistically, we'll use a combination of Bjelica starting and Georges-Hunt playing some minutes off the bench. I'd also assume Wiggins' and Crawford's minutes would increase.

In this situation, I'm curious about what Anthony Brown could provide in a pinch. He's had another good year in the G-League, continues to show efficiency scoring the ball and has a reliable three-point shot. And he's a 6'7 wing. We seriously might need some size to replace Butler for some matchups that Bjelica just has no business handling.

What's the harm in bringing him up for a look?
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

Shabazz has a DRTG like 139 DFL in the NBA if I remember correctly. If he could have just focused on defense maybe he would have became a reliable player.

WolvesFan21 wrote:Shabazz has a DRTG like 139 DFL in the NBA if I remember correctly. If he could have just focused on defense maybe he would have became a reliable player.

I think not. I'm not sure why people ever remained excited about his offensive game either. He can't shoot, he can't dribble, I literally cannot remember a single play in which he was rewarded an assist -- that's how few of them he has, not to mention he has blinders and sometimes just refuses to make easy passes, especially in transition. He has one post move (left hook over right shoulder), he has a terribly inefficient and highly predictable runner, and he gets a putback here and there -- usually at the expense of getting back on defense so most times his effort in crashing the glass is actually selfish and hurting the team.

He has the weirdest skill set I've ever seen for a wing, modern day or earlier. Not to mention, he has become my least favorite player to watch. His game is unproductive, but just really hard to watch.

I commend him for always playing with good effort, but that in itself is sometimes a negative for him because he's out of control.

I think he's been a professional in Minnesota and I haven't heard of him complaining about his situation, even when he got completely removed from the rotation and wouldn't even get garbage minutes. It has to be difficult to see your brothers, guys you were drafted with or played against in AAU or in the off-season, out there playing and thriving while you're collecting DNP-CD's. I respect him for how he's handled it. I also think the players genuinely like Bazz and I've seen videos of him hanging out with a lot of Wolves teammates over the years. That is about all I have to say about the man and the player.
TXviking [enjin:6602528]

Post by TXviking [enjin:6602528] »

Help me out guys, I torn my meniscus on my left knee in two places. And my doctor said repair was not an option. He could cut out the damaged area and well I would go forward, but I'm NO pro athlete. If I tried to go forward with a repair/surgery he stated that there is not enough/any blood flow to the meniscus for a repair to hold. And that it would tear again.

I want to say that we've seen other players try and go for the repair option, Brandon Roy and Chase Budinger (torn lateral meniscus).

I really hope the damage is not as severe and Jimmy is able to come back strong.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

Shams reported that Jimmy is expected to miss 4 to 6 weeks. Big test for the wolves. Lets see how far Towns and Wiggins have really come this year.