Corey Brewer Rumour

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Volans19

Re: Corey Brewer Rumour

Post by Volans19 »

Camden wrote:Marc Stein: "Hearing: Wolves closing in on three-year deal with coveted swingman Corey Brewer in $15 million range"

I can live with this. Yes, it's a little high, but he did play his way into that contract last season. Had a good year for Denver.

$10 mil between Budinger and Brewer for the next 3 years sounds way too steep. I wish we would have just spent that money on someone who can actually start. I like Brewers energy off the bench but I have serious doubts about his capability as a starter.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

That's extremely harsh to say about a guy who brought in K-Mart, Bud, Brewer, Shabazz and Dieng in one off-season. It also looks like he's keeping Barea. Not sure about that yet, but I read Ridnour's name as the one shipped out.

Carrol is an offensive liability and Wright likely had zero intention of coming to Minnesota.

Is anyone else getting the feeling that Flip has real faith in DWill being a SF at some point this season?

Pek's reportedly getting 4 year/ 50M.
Volans19

Post by Volans19 »

NBC isn't shy about jumping to conclusions lol
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/1364/corey-brewerCorey Brewer
mjs34

Post by mjs34 »

Camden wrote:That's extremely harsh to say about a guy who brought in K-Mart, Bud, Brewer, Shabazz and Dieng in one off-season. It also looks like he's keeping Barea. Not sure about that yet, but I read Ridnour's name as the one shipped out.

Carrol is an offensive liability and Wright likely had zero intention of coming to Minnesota.

Carrol is no more an offensive liability than Brewer, and I have no idea why you think Wright wouldn't have come here. Do you have some proof?

Brewer scored 12+ PPG last year and Carrol scored like 6 or something? At least Brewer's a menace on fastbreaks and corner threes. My Wright theory is more of an opinion based on the fact we already have a guy we look at that does the same things as him in Bud. I wish Brewer came cheaper, but I'm glad to have him regardless.
mjs34

Post by mjs34 »

He also took 6 more shots to get those points. Brewer's TS% is barely over 50 while Carroll's is over 54. Brewer played more minutes as well. Carroll has a higher PER. Nothing above suggests that Corey should make twice what Carroll got.

The point on Dorrell is that maybe we should have been looking at him rather than paying Bud almost double what Wright got. Are you starting to see a pattern here?

I'll take Bud over Dorrell. Won't even think twice about it. And then I'd take Brewer over Carroll. I also wouldn't think twice about it. The only argument you could say that I would truly agree on is why didn't Minnesota trade for Mbah a Moute or re-sign AK. Anything other than that and I feel like Bud/Brewer is fine with me.
mjs34

Post by mjs34 »

I would hope you would do that, because we are paying double what the other two would cost us. I don't have a problem with Brewer, but I would still have taken Wright before Bud, because then we wouldn't need Brewer at all IMO. I just think Flip is way overspending on bench guys, when doesn't have to. I think he has tunnel vision.