Russell Westbrook on the trade block

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Phenom

Re: Russell Westbrook on the trade block

Post by Phenom »

Ross
@LegionHoopsRoss
The first two teams to engage Oklahoma City on a Russell Westbrook trade?

The Pistons and Timberwolves, per source.

Detroit, the most aggressive.
Tactical unit

Post by Tactical unit »

Phenom's_Revenge wrote:Ross
@LegionHoopsRoss
The first two teams to engage Oklahoma City on a Russell Westbrook trade?

The Pistons and Timberwolves, per source.

Detroit, the most aggressive.

I think it's possible new GM making his splash after missing out DLO, just depends on his vision. Is making the playoffs and trying to add on each year his plan or is he more long term. Both are viable strategies the better you get the more ability you have to add players in FA in coming years. Looking more long term KAT is young and we have some young players next to him, develop them and build a core creating a good situation long term.

A good part or me just wants some excitement next season but I worry it might be at the detriment of our long term.
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

Seems like Rosas will "inquire" about damn near anyone that is a really good basketball player. I don't have a problem with it. Ultimately it's a matter of whether he'd really pull the trigger or not and how many future assets he'd give up to get him. That's where it could be problematic, but I doubt in the end anything materializes.
apollotsg [enjin:6592798]

Post by apollotsg [enjin:6592798] »

I hope his call was more like. "Hey yeah let us know when Westbrook's is gone and we want to get Adam's thanks. "

They got 5 first and a great pg for George, they will want a couple firsts and a high potential player.

I think that is way to steep.
apollotsg [enjin:6592798]

Post by apollotsg [enjin:6592798] »

I hope his call was more like. "Hey yeah let us know when Westbrook's is gone and we want to get Adam's thanks. "

They got 5 first and a great pg for George, they will want a couple firsts and a high potential player.

I think that is way to steep.
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

Agreed, Adams would be an awesome addition to our team.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

Q12543 wrote:Agreed, Adams would be an awesome addition to our team.

Personally I don't want Adams he lived on his reputation last year and took a step back especially defensively. Also look at that contact, pretty damn big for a guy who dosen't move the needle much if at all
SameOldNudityDrew

Post by SameOldNudityDrew »

KiwiMatt wrote:No interest in Westbrook.

Adams on the other hand. Get it done Gersson.

KiwiMatt, let me know if you're ever coming to Germany, particularly around Frankfurt. I still owe you a place to stay from our bet on whether Adams would ever become a decent starter. I moved to Germany before you came to Chicago for the rugby thing, but the offer is good 'till I'm dead. We're kind of off the beaten path, but we've got a guest bedroom with a great view and some good beer gardens nearby.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

kekgeek1 wrote:
Q12543 wrote:Agreed, Adams would be an awesome addition to our team.

Personally I don't want Adams he lived on his reputation last year and took a step back especially defensively. Also look at that contact, pretty damn big for a guy who dosen't move the needle much if at all

I hear what you're saying, but if Adams is his normal self, he'd be a huge piece in taking the Wolves from bottom of the league defensively to upper half. Since he's been in the league, I can't remember a Thunder team that wasn't one of the better defensive teams in the league.
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

While I think Adams would be a great addition, he doesn't really fit the style that Rosas has said he wants the Wolves to play.