Might as well talk draft....

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Re: Might as well talk draft....

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

kekgeek1 wrote:Edwards on the undefeated today said he wants to be taken #1 by Minnesota. He wants Minneapolis because you don't play basketball in the snow

That's nice and all, but I'd expect every prospect to want the extra couple million a year that comes with the top draft slot. Not to mention being the first overall pick is every kid's dream.

I guess it's better than him saying fuck Minnesota, but in the end I'd still rather have James Wiseman.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Camden wrote:
kekgeek1 wrote:Edwards on the undefeated today said he wants to be taken #1 by Minnesota. He wants Minneapolis because you don't play basketball in the snow

That's nice and all, but I'd expect every prospect to want the extra couple million a year that comes with the top draft slot. Not to mention being the first overall pick is every kid's dream.

I guess it's better than him saying fuck Minnesota, but in the end I'd still rather have James Wiseman.

Apparently, Wiseman doesn't want the extra couple millions. :). But seriously, I agree with you on Wiseman over Edwards. Of the top three, Wiseman has the fewest red flags. In fact, I'd say that Wiseman has only yellow flags and no red flags. Having said that, there is a part of me that gets excited at the thought of what Edwards can become.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Camden0916 wrote:

Edwards is clearly an entitled kid. I played lots of basketball in the snow. No thanks.
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

The i
lipoli390 wrote:
Camden wrote:

Apparently, Wiseman doesn't want the extra couple millions. :). But seriously, I agree with you on Wiseman over Edwards. Of the top three, Wiseman has the fewest red flags. In fact, I'd say that Wiseman has only yellow flags and no red flags. Having said that, there is a part of me that gets excited at the thought of what Edwards can become.

Don't go there Lip! Fools' gold!
Crazysauce

Post by Crazysauce »

Espn mocking us tonight to take lamelo ball at nunber one. Nothing would make me more upset that that. Rosas could not possibly be that stupid could he?
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

crazysauce wrote:Espn mocking us tonight to take lamelo ball at nunber one. Nothing would make me more upset that that. Rosas could not possibly be that stupid could he?

That's because ESPN's Jonathan Givony and Mike Schmitz have LaMelo Ball ranked as their most talented prospect in this class. Not to mention, ESPN's clueless NBA insider Brian Windhorst "reports" that James Wiseman has no interest in anything related to the Minnesota Timberwolves. The entire network is pushing Ball on to the Wolves with no logical reason for it. Either Minnesota needs more shooting or they need a defensive presence. Ball provides neither.

I'll be extremely disappointed in Gersson Rosas if he takes the bait, but I don't think he will. Rosas saw through the fool's gold that is Andrew Wiggins. We moved on. I believe he'll see through both Ball and Anthony Edwards and go in a different direction. Whether that's James Wiseman or a series of trades remains to be seen.
mrhockey89

Post by mrhockey89 »

Camden wrote:
crazysauce wrote:Espn mocking us tonight to take lamelo ball at nunber one. Nothing would make me more upset that that. Rosas could not possibly be that stupid could he?

That's because ESPN's Jonathan Givony and Mike Schmitz have LaMelo Ball ranked as their most talented prospect in this class. Not to mention, ESPN's clueless NBA insider Brian Windhorst "reports" that James Wiseman has no interest in anything related to the Minnesota Timberwolves. The entire network is pushing Ball on to the Wolves with no logical reason for it. Either Minnesota needs more shooting or they need a defensive presence. Ball provides neither.

I'll be extremely disappointed in Gersson Rosas if he takes the bait, but I don't think he will. Rosas saw through the fool's gold that is Andrew Wiggins. We moved on. I believe he'll see through both Ball and Anthony Edwards and go in a different direction. Whether that's James Wiseman or a series of trades remains to be seen.

Part of me wonders if Ball might be the guy simply because it sounds like we're having multiple meetings and a workout with him. If he's the guy, I'll keep an open mind and hope he can fulfill his potential, but like the rest of you, I'm hoping for Wiseman at 1.
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

mrhockey89 wrote:
Camden wrote:

Part of me wonders if Ball might be the guy simply because it sounds like we're having multiple meetings and a workout with him. If he's the guy, I'll keep an open mind and hope he can fulfill his potential, but like the rest of you, I'm hoping for Wiseman at 1.

But my question is why are the former DX guys (damn, I miss that site!)so sold on Ball as the #1 prospect!? Do they REALLY believe that or have they completely sold out to ESPN and the narratives they like to spin? I question if it's the latter, because the Ball family and Minnesota goes together like oil and water. If anything, they'd be pushing a narrative of him being taken by the Knicks or Golden State or some other supposedly more sexy franchise.

So assuming Givony is playing this straight, he obviously sees something in Ball that makes him think he could be a real star.
BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520]

Post by BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520] »

"James Wiseman you've been traded to Seattle along with the whole franchise."

-Jeff Bezos
SameOldNudityDrew

Post by SameOldNudityDrew »

Q12543 wrote:
mrhockey89 wrote:
Camden wrote:

But my question is why are the former DX guys (damn, I miss that site!)so sold on Ball as the #1 prospect!? Do they REALLY believe that or have they completely sold out to ESPN and the narratives they like to spin? I question if it's the latter, because the Ball family and Minnesota goes together like oil and water. If anything, they'd be pushing a narrative of him being taken by the Knicks or Golden State or some other supposedly more sexy franchise.

So assuming Givony is playing this straight, he obviously sees something in Ball that makes him think he could be a real star.

Q12543 wrote:
mrhockey89 wrote:
Camden wrote:

I hear the skepticism about Givony and Schmitz's love for LaMelo. Just listen to them talk about LaMelo projecting as a good shooter (he shot 25% from 3 last year) then immediately turn around and trash Killian Hayes for his 29% 3 point shooting. What? Plus, Hayes shot 87% from the FT line, which is a really good sign for his shooting. Then Givony really excused Ball's lackadaisical defense before raising the exact same issue as a major reason why he's not high on Edwards. Again, huh? I get there are other factors at play, but try to be consistent guys.

For what it's worth, I can see the appeal of Ball. His floor vision and passing really are special. Nate and Danny from the Dunc'd On podcast also think Ball is the best prospect in the draft, and they focus on that ability to make the rest of the team better through playmaking as the reason.

But to me, there are just a lot of possible problems with Ball, particularly the shooting and defense. And there are also lots of problems with Edwards and Wiseman too. That's what makes the top of this draft such a crapshoot. The few guys who do have star potential also have so many question marks that you have to put the odds of them actually becoming stars fairly low. It's why trading down and getting a nice role player like Vassell and another asset appeals to so many of us.

WTH? I just wrote a critique of how hypocritical Givony and Schmitz were about Ball compared to Hayes and Edwards (so hypocritical about his shooting and defense compared to those other guys in particular), coupled with an explanation of Ball's appeal (Dunc'd On guys like him), before ending by saying all these possible stars have a low chance of panning out given their problems, and that's why trading down for a guy like Vassell and another asset is so appealing. You'll just have to trust me it was so convincing you would have agreed with me. What happened to it when I posted it?