Am I the only one totally sick of Love's shtick?

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
thedoper

Re: Am I the only one totally sick of Love's shtick?

Post by thedoper »

http://feelingsarentnumbers.wordpress.com/2012/03/19/the-part-about-the-treason/

JJ is supposed to be the championship pedigree here right? I would argue he has been a bigger part of the problem. This is not new news with the guy. If he continually fails to see the seriousness of his shit attitude, Love has no choice but to go public and force ownerships hands. Good riddance to the Puerto rican hobbit. I don't like his play, and he hasn't won near enough games for us to justify his behavior. He is a bench player, get in fucking line and be a professional.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

thedoper wrote:http://feelingsarentnumbers.wordpress.com/2012/03/19/the-part-about-the-treason/

JJ is supposed to be the championship pedigree here right? I would argue he has been a bigger part of the problem. This is not new news with the guy. If he continually fails to see the seriousness of his shit attitude, Love has no choice but to go public and force ownerships hands. Good riddance to the Puerto rican hobbit. I don't like his play, and he hasn't won near enough games for us to justify his behavior. He is a bench player, get in fucking line and be a professional.

Bingo. Well-said.
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

Berea's words are all correct, but I can feel the seething hate for Love lying underneath. This team is seriously broken.

JJ is history and I'm mixed about it. He won a few games for us and I always admired his intensity, but his play was so erratic at times. We're not going to get much for him, maybe a second round pick, but getting rid of him will appease Prince Kevin. And it's clear to me that Flip and Rick are afraid of Love. They're stuck because he is far and away our best player.

If they don't get rid of JJ, this kind of shit will continue to bubble up, and we can't afford that.
markkbu [enjin:6588958]

Post by markkbu [enjin:6588958] »

A couple thoughts here.....

.......this isn't that big of a deal. This team needs to be shaken up. That is going on right now. It would be worse if the team wasn't shaken up IMHO.

Love is not a competent leader......but it looks like he is trying. That's at least a start.

Comparing Love's actions to those of MJ or Bird or Kobe or Howard or Lebron seems pretty silly to me. All those guys have at least made the playoffs I believe.

I'm sure that Love would rather people talking about this than talking about how inept the starters at winning close games.
observerII [enjin:6598557]

Post by observerII [enjin:6598557] »

The biggest message that Love can send is to make a couple of the clutch shots that, so far, he has choked on.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

observerII wrote:The biggest message that Love can send is to make a couple of the clutch shots that, so far, he has choked on.

"Clutch" and "end of game shots" aren't always the same. Love has made a bunch of clutch shots this year. He's only made one end of game shots though.

Clutch being shots that end an opponent's scoring run/momentum. Clutch being shots that end the quarter. Clutch being within a minute to go, but not necessarily buzzer beaters, like he did against the Clips multiple times.

Only buzzer beater type shot he made was against the Magic. He's blown a tip-in against the Clips and FTs against the Thunder. 1-3 in end of game shots. He's typically been good at both throughout his career.
observerII [enjin:6598557]

Post by observerII [enjin:6598557] »

It all depends on your definitions.
mjs34

Post by mjs34 »

Love is clearly not a very good leader at this point, but saying you can't learn to be one is silly. Lebron and DH both threw their teams under the bus. Both complained about needing more talent around them, and threatened to leave their teams if they didn't improve. Both were playing on top teams in the eastern conference. If that isn't a prime example of how not to be a leader, I don't know what is.

Now you see Lebron, and he has clearly matured, but is it the age or the fact that he already has a couple of titles? Hard to say, but he is definitely a much better teammate than several years back. DH clearly still has a long ways to go. Kobe has thrown teammates under the bus on numerous occasions. Have we already forgotten about the parking lot video of Kobe criticizing Bynum?
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

Am I tired of Love's shtick?

No. If anything, I find it interesting that people thought Love would never be this way when the team traded for him.
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

JJ Berea after yesterday's shoot around: "I wish Kevin would've just come up to me, face to face, man to man, and said it". So do I, JJ, so do I. But that doesn't make it okay for you to do exactly what Kevin did...complain about a teammate to the media. These guys just don't get it, and until they do, they will remain a .500 team.

From the same Strib article: "Adelman said in his pregame interview he feels the same way, suggesting Love find a better way to express that leadership". Good for Rick to step up, and it's fine for a coach to call out a player publicly... helps to reinforce the point he's trying to make. I just hope that Rick's face to face message to Love was a little stronger...and spicier. I suspect it was. Adelman knows the difference between how winning reams
and losing teams act, and talk.