(Unlikely) Trade For LaMarcus Aldridge

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Riverside_Viking [enjin:6662498]

Re: (Unlikely) Trade For LaMarcus Aldridge

Post by Riverside_Viking [enjin:6662498] »

Jakapoo wrote:
khans2k5 wrote:I would definitely try a 3 way deal to get Tyson Chandler and Allen Crabbe, LA goes to NY and Pek and D Will go to Portland next summer. No chance in he!! it happens, but it's fun to dream.

God I would love this. It would be have to be sign and trade.

To Portland: Pek (4/48) and Dwill
To Minnesota: Tyson Chandler and Joel Freelend (Bleh)
To Knicks: LaMarcus Aldridge and picks.

Will never happen, but I would be so happy. I:

So let me get this straight you want to give up one of are only half way valuable assets and as of right now our only back up plan if Love leaves, and Pek 27 year old C who is up and coming and has only played 3 seasons in the NBA for. 30 year old C who's best season was 6 years ago and has never average 12 ppg... Yeah I'll pass on that trade.

I mean seriously if you offered me Chandler for Pek straight up I wouldn't take that deal. Chandler would get us maybe one more block every other game and about 2 more rebounds per game but we would take a hit of 6 less PPG,(based on last years stats) on top of that Pek has improved every year dramatically and is 3 years younger and less games played on his body. Then you want to throw in a former #2 pick who dispite all his problem still averaged 12 PPG in his second season first season that wasn't shortened. That's worse than the Sam Cassell and a first rounder for Jaric deal......... Kevin McHale is that you?
worldK

Post by worldK »

Im with riverside on this. Chandler is becoming overrated. He is still very good and valuable but at 31 and making max money, he is not worth it.

He was dominated by hibbert in the playoffs, Il rather have pek. With pek, you know he will make hibbert or any other center work on stopping him instead of being free to patrol the paint like hiobbert did againts chandler.

Lets keep pek and dw for the time being and see what we have and can do with the lineup we have.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

How did this turn into a Tyson Chandler topic lol? No thanks to Chandler. He's overpaid and not as effective as he used to be. Plus, Pekovic dominates him. Pek had 21 & 17 last time he played Chandler. Not to mention Pek is younger and bigger. Pek > Chandler. Then you wanna throw in DWill? Geez. Let's just do everything in our power to make the Knicks a better team. Wanna send them Love and Ricky too? I'm sure we could take Amar'e off their hands for that price. Yeesh.
Jakapoo [enjin:6588675]

Post by Jakapoo [enjin:6588675] »

longstrangetrip wrote:Ouch, Jakapoo! Pek and Williams both for a 31 year old center with career point and rebound averages of 8.7 and 9.1? Seems like way too much for Chandler.

longstrangetrip wrote:Ouch, Jakapoo! Pek and Williams both for a 31 year old center with career point and rebound averages of 8.7 and 9.1? Seems like way too much for Chandler.

Eh, I disagree. He averaged a double-double, (10.4 and 10.7) on 64% shooting and is a top three defensive center in the NBA last season. He is a great athlete who fits with Rubio well, and will do a perfect job on the help defense. Plus, his deal is two years, right before Rubio will get his extension. Perfect fit salary wise, and skill wise. Yes all he does is dunk and do putbacks on the offensive end, but with this group he will be able to do that. There is no chance the T-Wolves will ever get to get him.
Jakapoo [enjin:6588675]

Post by Jakapoo [enjin:6588675] »

Camden wrote:How did this turn into a Tyson Chandler topic lol? No thanks to Chandler. He's overpaid and not as effective as he used to be. Plus, Pekovic dominates him. Pek had 21 & 17 last time he played Chandler. Not to mention Pek is younger and bigger. Pek > Chandler. Then you wanna throw in DWill? Geez. Let's just do everything in our power to make the Knicks a better team. Wanna send them Love and Ricky too? I'm sure we could take Amar'e off their hands for that price. Yeesh.

Damn, you guys over-rate the shit out of Pek and under-rate Chandler. Do you guys watch the Knicks? He contests so many shots. I love D-Will, but he gets very little playing time. Chandler is a better fit for this team. This makes more sense contract and skill wise than Pek. Obviously I am the only one that thinks that, but I believe you are all honestly wrong.
slimcalhoun27 [enjin:6640095]

Post by slimcalhoun27 [enjin:6640095] »

Jak....Im with you. I like Pek, but he does not bring balancing aspects to help Love and Rubio. I was maybe the only one hoping we do a sign and trade with Pek for some other talent. Even Pek, D Will and Barea combo for Larry Sanders, Giannis Antetokounmpo and Ersan Ilyasova! I would do that in a Heartbeat!!

Jakapoo wrote:
Camden wrote:How did this turn into a Tyson Chandler topic lol? No thanks to Chandler. He's overpaid and not as effective as he used to be. Plus, Pekovic dominates him. Pek had 21 & 17 last time he played Chandler. Not to mention Pek is younger and bigger. Pek > Chandler. Then you wanna throw in DWill? Geez. Let's just do everything in our power to make the Knicks a better team. Wanna send them Love and Ricky too? I'm sure we could take Amar'e off their hands for that price. Yeesh.

Damn, you guys over-rate the shit out of Pek and under-rate Chandler. Do you guys watch the Knicks? He contests so many shots. I love D-Will, but he gets very little playing time. Chandler is a better fit for this team. This makes more sense contract and skill wise than Pek. Obviously I am the only one that thinks that, but I believe you are all honestly wrong.

If the T'Wolves wanted to trade Pek for Chandler, the Knicks would accept that deal in a heartbeat. You wanna trade away a 27 year old Pek who's entering his prime for Chandler who's about to turn 31? That doesn't make sense. I don't see why some of you would be ready to ship Pek out of here. He's easily a top-10 center in this league with at least a case for top-5. Even though Pek isn't a rim protector, he's a really good man defender who gobbles up rebounds and is a force in the paint. I'd be 100% against trading Pek for Chandler.

And talking about good fit with Love: You forget that Pek's presence on the inside allows Love to be able to use his outside game efficiently. Not to mention how lethal of a rebounding duo they are together.

Trading Pek for Chandler? Stop it.
caDustymn [enjin:6596349]

Post by caDustymn [enjin:6596349] »

Interesting argument in regards to Pek vs. Chandler (sorry about not talking about Aldridge with the OP). I think if we want to win in a 1 yr window- win now and only now, I go with Chandler. His inside presence helps soften the AK blow a bit defensively. If you want a chance to contend for a few years, you go with Pek and roll the dice on him staying healthy...which sounds like a better deal to me.
Riverside_Viking [enjin:6662498]

Post by Riverside_Viking [enjin:6662498] »

Jakapoo wrote:

No you over rate the shit out of Chandler he's 31 his best season was 6 years ago, he blocks .4 more shots a game that's it, he gets 1.9 more rebounds and 5.9 less points per game.

Pek has improved in rebounds, points, blocks, in every season and on top of that he has a higher PER as well while being younger on top of that. If Pek improves again like he has every other year you are looking at a guy who will average 10 RPGs, 18 PPG, and a block a game as well... By those numbers Pek would be easily a top 5 C in the league. So go ahead throw that and a 12ppg 5 RPGs bench player for a guy who has no offensive game be cause he gets .4 more blocks per game.

Riverside just did work. Agreed 100% with you.