Kahn Revisited

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Monster

Re: Kahn Revisited

Post by Monster »

Please don't lump McHale in as a guy that did nothing for this franchise. Go back and look at history and realize that's just silly.

As has said here I think Kahn was a decent not terrible GM that made some good some bad moves and also was unlucky at least with one of the high picks that were busts. Overall its time to move on and hope Flip can make or has made the right moves to get this team to contender status. Everyone wants a championship but I think putting together a team that has a legit shot is plenty to ask for. We aren't there yet but we may not be far off we have to see how everything fits.
markkbu [enjin:6588958]

Post by markkbu [enjin:6588958] »

monsterpile wrote:Please don't lump McHale in as a guy that did nothing for this franchise. Go back and look at history and realize that's just silly.

McHale did enough right to bring the Wolves within 1 game of an NBA finials. Kahn did well enough to product one of the worst 4 year records in the history of basketball.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

TheSP wrote:If we're doing to opposite of blaming past administrations then the thanks needs to go all the way back McHale as Love and Pek were his gifts to Khan.

I don't think anybody with more than a pea for a brain would argue that the two of them, McHale and Khan, brought nothing of value to the Wolves. You can rightly question if that value was enough, but not that the value didn't exist.

I have previously posted that Kahn owed a debt of gratitude to McHale for handing him Love and Pekovic. It's fun to look back sometimes and note the positives about coaches and front office execs who were roundly criticized and ultimately let go. However, I can't think of a single positive about Rambis. Hope that doesn't earn me the dreaded pea brain label. :)