Flip v. Lip

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
mjs34

Re: Flip v. Lip

Post by mjs34 »

Camden wrote:Find me where Glen Taylor himself said that he'd be okay with going into the luxury. Wolfson and Zgoda may not be as educated on the team and cap and things like that, but they do have an ear closer to the situation than we do.

I guess that is why they have been able to clarify all those rumors with the lakers over the last few years. Neither have any inside sources. Doogie knows a media member from another team, and Zgoda just regurgitates what others say. The only info they have is that given out in the pressers.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

I tweeted at both pretty much daily from slightly before the draft to just a few days ago and they have continued to say that Taylor has no interest going into the luxury. That compelling reason would have to be a pretty significant player to do so I would say. None of which are really on the market anymore.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

I'm not basing my whole reasoning behind what these two guys say. I read what I read and sometimes ask them what they've heard/read and it has correlated with not going into the luxury. That's all I'm saying. If you have something that says differently, I'd love to read it so we can all be on the same page.
SQC64 [enjin:6661345]

Post by SQC64 [enjin:6661345] »

comment for Lip:
McCollum, Gobert, Carroll and AK47 are smarter than Shabazz, Dieng, and Brewer.
If we have McCollum question: is Martin necessarily?
Papalrep

Post by Papalrep »

yes for all we know McCollum is Jimmer Fredette (worthless)
Papalrep

Post by Papalrep »

who says we didn't try for Carroll? Maybe he didn't want to be here
Papalrep

Post by Papalrep »

AK wanted three years guaranteed --Flip thought he took to many days off -- and that's that
maelstrom11 [enjin:6599701]

Post by maelstrom11 [enjin:6599701] »

Also, AK wanted more than 3 years 7 mil per. Flip said so in his radio interview with 1500 ESPN the other day. Also, AK said that once Flip replaced Kahn the his relationship with the twolves did a 180 degree turn so I read into that and think he had some sort of a 3 year agreement/promise from Kahn that Flip would not honor. Knowing Kahn and reading the speculation he wanted 3 year 10 per....
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Cool -- based on what I've heard from a good inside source, I believe you are right that we shouldn't expect any more significant moves. But I suppose a team could come along with an offer Flip can't refuse.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Papal -- I think you're right. Flip didn't want to guarantee a 3rd year to AK for several reasons -- his age, his injury history, and his poor perimeter shooting. He sees Brewer as more durable and better shooting the corner threes. It wasn't about the money per year. Kahn wasn't going to pay AK 10 million a year for three years. He was going to pay him significantly less for three or four years. That was the plan and Flip could have followed through with it to keep AK here. Flip just didn't' want to commit to more than two years and wasn't even excited about bringing him back for one year. Although I disagree with Flip on this, I respect his thinking. It was a reasonable assessment on his part. But people shouldn't think it was about the money. It wasn't.