The dumb and stupid Wiggins thread

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
all_day_88 [enjin:6666373]

Re: The dumb and stupid Wiggins thread

Post by all_day_88 [enjin:6666373] »

just ignore this stupid crazy embarrassing thread and it'll go away simple as that lmfao trade wiggins dumb dumb dumb this will be my first and last post on this topic
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

I am comparing hype. I hope Wiggins becomes the best player in Wolves history. At this point he doesn't even look like the best rookie in Wolves history. For every game he has last night. He has plenty of games that make you wonder if he will be Barnes 2.0. Not bad, but not good enough.

What has Drummond done?

Well Drummond was ranked 6th on the 25 under 25. He has been in a horrible funk to start the year yet he is 3rd in the league in rebounds with 12 a game. He is 8th in blocks at 2 a game. Averaging 11 points a game and has shot 59% over his career. I don't think 18-15-2 is out of this world for a 21 year old being hampered by playing in Detroit with another center and the worst PG in the league. Not really insane to think in 5 years 18/15/2 is not happening.

I see Wiggins potential, but you have to see the huge concerns.

BTW - Drummond best game this year. 27 points, 14 boards, 5 blocks, and 4 steals. Yes he sucks.
mjs34

Post by mjs34 »

Hard to feel sorry for Drummond and who he is playing with, when you look at the wolves starting lineup.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

all_day_88 wrote:just ignore this stupid crazy embarrassing thread and it'll go away simple as that lmfao trade wiggins dumb dumb dumb this will be my first and last post on this topic

Why? I don't see it as a Trade Wiggins Now thread. To classify it as such is a disservice... or missing the point of many posters entirely...

Repeated from another post earlier...

"To be fair, I don't think it's an all-or-nothing discussion.

I don't think the Wolves should even consider trading Wiggins. They have to see how it pans out A LOT more than 20 games. Maybe more than 164 games. But that doesn't mean I'm totally cool with Wiggins' mediocre overall performance to this point."
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

I agree with Abe. While the premise of the thread might be dumb, I thought that it led to a fairly intelligent discussion (for the most part) about how he is progressing. Perhaps Bleed was just being provocative with his original post. I don't really see anyone else talking about trading Wiggins as a serious or realistic option.

Part of being a fan is evaluating our talent and picking apart their game. That's what we do.
Phenom

Post by Phenom »

Someone just needs to tell me when its time to choose between Wiggins and LaVine. Hopefully I will have decided between Pek/Dieng and Thad/Bennett by then.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

Q12543 wrote:I agree with Abe. While the premise of the thread might be dumb, I thought that it led to a fairly intelligent discussion (for the most part) about how he is progressing. Perhaps Bleed was just being provocative with his original post. I don't really see anyone else talking about trading Wiggins as a serious or realistic option.

Part of being a fan is evaluating our talent and picking apart their game. That's what we do.

+1000
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

I think evaluation is fine, and it seems like everyone agrees more or less on the evaluation of his strengths and weaknesses. But using words like "big concern" and "disappointment" after 20 games where he is the 2nd leading scorer amongst rookies amongst other positive attributes is totally premature and frankly stupid. Not quite as premature or stupid as saying trade him, but ridiculous nonetheless. I just don't understand what was expected from this 19 year old that wasn't known before the draft that could be a source of disappointment right now.
Porckchop

Post by Porckchop »

It's funny to me that some of the things I make points about concerning Rubio and get ridiculed for are being made about Wiggins . By those same posters.
Wiggins isn't a good three pt shooter even tho the sample size is small. But if Ricky goes on a 4 for 10 "tear" he's really improving . Just becuz Wiggins is the best defensive player on a bad defensive team doesn't make him good. But becuz Ricky is opportunistic and gets some steals all the while letting every quick guard fly by him at will is okay. He's a good defender on a bad team . If pick and role defense struggles it's always the big guys fault.
Ricky now missing significant playing time for the second time in 4 years while the other guy has stayed healthy. Course thats another sample size argument and since it works in my favor Ill use it.:)
One guy's in his 4th year with severe holes to his game but mentioning him in a trade is blasphemy . But the other guy has shown signs of brilliance on both sides of the ball but has a shooting slump and it's time to consider the possibility of trading him. After 20 flipping games.
worldK

Post by worldK »

Bleed. You pegged wiggins as a 18/5 guy in your first post and Drummond as a 18/15 guy. You have nothing to backup those claims but blind optimism for Drummond and doubts over wiggins 20 games into his nba career. The same blind optimism that you have no problem saying other posters see in wiggins. You are basically doing the same thing. Look Drummond is going to be good but no way he averages 18pts per game his career.he is more like deandre Jordan and Tyson chandler type than a 18pt/game scorer. 15boards is not something easily done yet you have no problem pegging him as achieving that. My point is it goes both ways. You can't accuse others of doing the same thing you are guilty of.

This thread is stupid because it is too damn early to even began this discussion. Most overlook the unsually difficult situation wiggins is in. It is also used by posters to diss wiggins, call him a disappointment, etc.. Yeah right. They will used these as example of 'I told you so' if wiggins fail and wash their hands by saying its just a discussion of his ' progress' when wiggins succeed. Whatever. You can have a healthy discussion of his progress but start saying who you will trade him for 20 games into the season? Then putting labels on him? Bringing in busts like dw and Beas into these? It's a trade thread that is masked as a discussion of his progress.