Ben Simmons

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Carlos Danger

Re: Ben Simmons

Post by Carlos Danger »

60WinTim wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:59 pm
Who needs shooting with all the defense we are stockpiling?!? ;)
I'm excited about the defense. Adding Simmons would certainly add to that. I feel like if you have enough defense, you can add a shooter similar to guys we've seen come through here (DLO/Beasley etc.) and not give back everything they score.
mjs34

Post by mjs34 »

I don't see anywhere in that blurb that says this has even been talked about. This is just another ridiculous fantasy by someone who has no sense of value for either player. Simmons is a negative, while KAT is still a large positive. This sort of move would require 5 or 6 upper firsts, not two from the bottom tier. The wolves are a lot closer to competing, so why would we go backwards?
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

If I had a time machine I'd try to bring back prime Ben Wallace too. Gobert, Ben Wallace, Simmons, Jaden McDaniels and Ant.
KiwiMatt

Post by KiwiMatt »

Minnesota is probably the best place for Ben Simmons to be and try and rejuvenate his career - away from the big lights and big city media and expectations.

In saying that his contract is an albatross, and the risk of him not playing is pretty high with his mental health and back issues.

I would want Cam Thomas and at least 4 unprotected 1st RP's included in any KAT for Simmons deal. Even then I would be hesitant.
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

Here's a three way Ben Simmons trade that passes the trade engine:

Wolves trade: KAT, Rudy, MacLaughlin & Moore
Woves get: Dejounte Murray, OKongwu, Ben Simmons, Bogdanovic and one first.

Bkn trades: Ben Simmons, Royce O'Neal and three firsts
Bkn receives: KAT, Moore

Atlanta trades: DeJounte Murray, Okongwu, Bogdanovic
Atlanta receives: Gobert, O'Neale, McLaughlin plus two firsts from Bkn.
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

Carlos Danger wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:23 pm
kekgeek wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:10 pm So I wouldn’t do it but the Nets have 8 1st round picks to offer until 2029.

You get 3 or 4 for Kat the player and 2 more for taking on the salary. Wolves would save 13 million next year also
I would love that. Can I ask why you wouldn't do it?

I realize Simmons is a mystery box. But I'm thinking at worst - the guy would be nice back up/off the bench PG. Obviously the picks would be the prize. And of course you always have the hope that Simmons rebounds into something closer to a starter level PG to take over for Conley.
Ben Simmons as you knew him is never coming back.

There's nothing to hope about with him.
KiwiMatt wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 3:29 pm Minnesota is probably the best place for Ben Simmons to be and try and rejuvenate his career - away from the big lights and big city media and expectations.

In saying that his contract is an albatross, and the risk of him not playing is pretty high with his mental health and back issues.

I would want Cam Thomas and at least 4 unprotected 1st RP's included in any KAT for Simmons deal. Even then I would be hesitant.

There aren't ANY expectations for Ben from the fanbase or the city. Nobody cares about Ben in this town other than models.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Wait we can get Ben Simmons for Towns?!? Wow sign me up!!!

In all seriousness I’ll say this I wouldn’t be totally opposed to Bringing back Ben Simmons as salary in a Towns trade. I would have expectations that he would be a useful player along the lines of Kyle Anderson. What Kees my expectations low is that I have no idea if he can even stay healthy for 60 games. Was t the last time he played in the playoffs when everything started going downhill for him?

Timberwolves targeting Simmons doesn’t really add up. They have Gobert and Anderson and supposedly targeting Bruce Brown. If the Wolves traded Towns I can see hem still winning games in the rivulet season but they would need to add some scoring from somewhere outside of Edwards. I guess some of that would be Naz Reid who could legitimately possibly be a 20ppg scorer if Towns was dealt.

If the Wolves took back Ben Simmons I would guess it would trigger the most total first round picks a team has given up in a trade ever. We are talking like 7 or something. Looking at the Nets roster I’m not sure what other young players I’m dying to get. Maybe there are some guys they drafted. Sorry I don’t remember. Lol I’m guessing some of those picks get routed elsewhere in a multi team deal but yeah the Nets getting Towns and moving on from Simmons would be giving up a ton of assets. I don’t think it would happen but I wouldn’t completely rule it out. I’ve already written too much about it it it was kinda fun.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

The Nets have 6 first round picks that are unencumbered through 2030. Those are the only ones I’d be interested in. I’d never trade for conditional first-round picks that could turn in to a couple second rounders. Three of the six are Suns picks (2025, 2027, 2029). The other three are the Nets own picks in 2028, 2029, and 2030.

KAT is an allstar and Simmons has negative trade value. I don’t see any player other than Bridges on their roster I’d have any interest in. So I’d have to get at least five of those 6 first round picks a minimum before I’d even consider swapping KAT for Simmons. But the reality is TC isn’t going to trade KAT for Simmons because he’s made it clear he wants to make a run at competing for a championship next season. A KAT swap for Simmons and a bunch of picks runs counter to that objective. It’s not going to happen. The report was bogus.

If you’re talking Rudy for Simmons and a couple future picks, I’m all ears. But again, I don’t think TC woudl be interested because he wants to win next season.

This is my last post on the ridiculous KAT for Simmons talk. It’s not going to happen. It’s a bogus report and a dumb idea for the Wolves.
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

Lipoli390 wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:49 pm The Nets have 6 first round picks that are unencumbered through 2030. Those are the only ones I’d be interested in. I’d never trade for conditional first-round picks that could turn in to a couple second rounders. Three of the six are Suns picks (2025, 2027, 2029). The other three are the Nets own picks in 2028, 2029, and 2030.

KAT is an allstar and Simmons has negative trade value. I don’t see any player other than Bridges on their roster I’d have any interest in. So I’d have to get at least five of those 6 first round picks a minimum before I’d even consider swapping KAT for Simmons. But the reality is TC isn’t going to trade KAT for Simmons because he’s made it clear he wants to make a run at competing for a championship next season. A KAT swap for Simmons and a bunch of picks runs counter to that objective. It’s not going to happen. The report was bogus.

If you’re talking Rudy for Simmons and a couple future picks, I’m all ears. But again, I don’t think TC woudl be interested because he wants to win next season.

This is my last post on the ridiculous KAT for Simmons talk. It’s not going to happen. It’s a bogus report and a dumb idea for the Wolves.
Bogus, maybe. But I would think TC is doing due diligence to determine all possibilities for trading KAT. It helps that whatever trade partner he really wants knows there are other alternatives.

This of course depends on TC's opinion of Scoot as a PG of the future for the Wolves, but if he thinks it is an option, trading KAT for Scoot is real possibility. Portland is in a tight spot having to find a legit compliment for Lillard. I don't think they are going to find something better than KAT. They just have to agree on the right combination of other parts to make it work.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

60WinTim wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:19 pm
Lipoli390 wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:49 pm The Nets have 6 first round picks that are unencumbered through 2030. Those are the only ones I’d be interested in. I’d never trade for conditional first-round picks that could turn in to a couple second rounders. Three of the six are Suns picks (2025, 2027, 2029). The other three are the Nets own picks in 2028, 2029, and 2030.

Bogus, maybe. But I would think TC is doing due diligence to determine all possibilities for trading KAT. It helps that whatever trade partner he really wants knows there are other alternatives.

This of course depends on TC's opinion of Scoot as a PG of the future for the Wolves, but if he thinks it is an option, trading KAT for Scoot is real possibility. Portland is in a tight spot having to find a legit compliment for Lillard. I don't think they are going to find something better than KAT. They just have to agree on the right combination of other parts to make it work.
I doubt TC has had any Simmons for KAT discussions with the Nets. I’m sure he’s talked with the Nets front office and those discussions might have included KAT, but TC wouldn’t entertain for a second the notion of swapping KAT for Simmons.

I agree that a KAT for Scoot deal with Portland is a possibility. I would even consider it a probability of TC hadn’t been so clear about his intent to run it back and compete next season. On the other hand, he did leave open the door trading any of our players if offered a deal that “kicked his socks off.” I agree with you that the Nets are really in a tight spot in their effort to find all-star caliber vets to satisfy Lillard. We’ve all read reports that they’ve been shopping the 3rd pick but weren’t getting what they wanted in return. We read the report about the Nets declining Portland’s offer of Scoot and Simons for Bridges. I thought Kiwi’s suggested multi-team trade involving KAT and Scoot was pretty close to what could be considered a knock your socks off deal. I have some doubts about Scoot, but he’s obviously incredibly talented and highly thought of around the League.