Wolves at Suns R1G4

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
kekgeek

Re: Wolves at Suns R1G4

Post by kekgeek »

KiwiMatt wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:38 pm
SameOldNudityDrew wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:37 pm
KiwiMatt wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:36 pm Whats happening to Jim Pete and Grady. Is one leaving?
I think they're just done for the year.
Oh really, does TNT and Espn commentary take over from here on in? I hope not, love Pete and Grady. They've made the season so fun.
Yep unfortunately done for the season
worldK

Post by worldK »

Wolves in 4!

Hope Finch is going to be able to be involved in the 2nd round. God dammit, he deserved it.

This game shows why KAT is crucial. He is elite and good enough to keep you in the game when ant is off and wait til ant gets it going and take it over. Perfect spot role for him.

Ant has taken the next step. He is the GUY. We can win any series because of him.

The best thing about the game is that I never thought that we will lose. The suns played damn hard to start and we weather the storm and the game was never out of reach for us. Too many years of being that
team where we start off great and played the better team tough only for them toneventually wear us out and lose. Now we are the team that wears people out.
SameOldNudityDrew

Post by SameOldNudityDrew »

Coolbreeze44 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:52 pm
WildWolf2813 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:51 pm shout outs to this forum who has been around for some very lean years.

Take this in and enjoy this series win
You too buddy
20 years since the last one. I still remember that game 7 against the Kings. Watched it at my buddy's house because we didn't have a TV. KG went nuclear. Great game, great feeling. I honestly thought we had a decent chance of beating the Lakers in the WCF, but alas.

So here we are, 20 years later. Been a long time, but it's great to be back!
Leado01

Post by Leado01 »

This is the first playoff series win since we moved to this forum.

Shout out to a great team, great coaching, and a board that always believed in the team!
1965-2023
"He Meant Well"
rapsuperstar31

Post by rapsuperstar31 »

Has to be the best I've seen Ant play in a half ever, same goes for Towns. Both were just fantastic and wanted this win badly. Rooting for the Lakers to win at least one more game. The Wolves should have a similar timeline between games that they had between the last game of the year and the playoffs to prepare.
KiwiMatt

Post by KiwiMatt »

This team is special.

Phoenix had no answer for our size, length, defense and Anthony Edwards.

And we match up well against Denver. Plus Murray is battling a calf strain, which are known to linger and take a while too fully heal.
KiwiMatt

Post by KiwiMatt »

That defensive play before the Ant dunk late in the 4th was a thing of beauty. An absolute clinic on how to defend the 3pt line as a team. Followed up by that thunderous dunk by Ant.
Carlos Danger

Post by Carlos Danger »

kekgeek wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:54 pm
KiwiMatt wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:38 pm
SameOldNudityDrew wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:37 pm

I think they're just done for the year.
Oh really, does TNT and Espn commentary take over from here on in? I hope not, love Pete and Grady. They've made the season so fun.
Yep unfortunately done for the season
:lol: I think others missed this. Underrated comment!
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Abe's Next Day Commentary:

- We've seen it more and more... but Edwards' drive with 7:30 left in the 3rd quarter is what many of us have been waiting for. He got into the paint... he was surrounded... and he maneuvered his body and the ball NOT to shoot... but to hit the wide open guy in the corner for a three pointer. It seemed more premeditated. Obviously, he knows a guy (usually NAW or McDaniels) is standing there wide open and he seemed to invite the defense to manipulate a pass to the corner.

Wonderful.

- I'm pretty sure at this point that the TNT crew doesn't even watch the games they're commenting on. It can be a fun show with the unique personalities that drive it... but it's not the place for any sort of meaningful (or accurate) basketball discussion. That part of it is terrible.

- I wrote down the defensive sequence late that ended in the NAW's steal. Good to see it getting the attention it deserves from others. But beyond that... it's fun watching this team when it's dialed in defensively. Teams have to take so many tough shots. Even when the game is close, you know shot-making on those is unsustainable. It's a role reversal for the better part of 35 years that I've been watching the Timberwolves. They would be in a close game, but it required such tough shots. It's been fun watching an elite defense and what it means.

- Nice game for Towns.

- Edwards is a star. If he keeps this up, he might be a superstar by the time summer hits.

- Feel for Finch. Having a coach hobbled isn't ideal, but probably not the end of the world either. They'll have plenty of time to prep for Denver.

- Quiet game for Gobert. No problem. Someone else keeps stepping up. Towns was wonderful... and if we're going to rip him for whining about calls when he does it... kudos for him staying into it mentally (mostly) despite an embarrassingly awful non-whistle a couple of times in the game. Durant clearly fouled him FOUR times on one play without a whistle.

- Gordon, Beal, and Allen (when healthy) were mostly invisible. I think that also says something about the TImberwolves. Thos guys are usually matched up with lesser defenders on other teams. The Wolves don't have many weak links right now defensively.

- Great day to be a Timberwolves fan. It's been a long 35 years.
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

rapsuperstar31 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:29 am Has to be the best I've seen Ant play in a half ever, same goes for Towns. Both were just fantastic and wanted this win badly. Rooting for the Lakers to win at least one more game. The Wolves should have a similar timeline between games that they had between the last game of the year and the playoffs to prepare.
Spot on superstar31. It was nice to see KAT and Ant taking us home for the win in crunch time without having Mommy and Daddy (Rudy and Mike) hold their hand and clean up their mess. KAT and Ant with a total of 68 points and 2 turnovers in this game! These two absolutely propelled us to victory last night.