20 years later to the day...Another Game 7. GDT

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
SameOldNudityDrew

Re: 20 years later to the day...Another Game 7. GDT

Post by SameOldNudityDrew »

Remember the beginning of this thread and the conversation about who had to step up, assuming Ant would lead the way.

Ant played well down the stretch, but was obviously really inefficient and passive early on. How did we overcome that? KAT stepped up. But Jaden and Naz also really stepped up. Mike and Rudy made big defensive plays. We hit our FTs.

And Denver? Murray and Jokic went off. Other than that, they got nothing from the rest of their team.

I think this game shows that you need more than stars. You obviously need stars. But you also regularly see these guys like Jaden, Naz, PJ Washington, Derrick Jones Jr., half those Pacers guys . . . to win, you also need a couple of those guys to step up for your team. We had that tonight. Really, NAW's shot wasn't falling. SloMo barely played. But all starters plus Naz played well tonight at times. That was a real team effort.
Phenom

Post by Phenom »

This feels so awesome.
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

SameOldNudityDrew wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 10:05 pm Remember the beginning of this thread and the conversation about who had to step up, assuming Ant would lead the way.

Ant played well down the stretch, but was obviously really inefficient and passive early on. How did we overcome that? KAT stepped up. But Jaden and Naz also really stepped up. Mike and Rudy made big defensive plays. We hit our FTs.

And Denver? Murray and Jokic went off. Other than that, they got nothing from the rest of their team.

I think this game shows that you need more than stars. You obviously need stars. But you also regularly see these guys like Jaden, Naz, PJ Washington, Derrick Jones Jr., half those Pacers guys . . . to win, you also need a couple of those guys to step up for your team. We had that tonight. Really, NAW's shot wasn't falling. SloMo barely played. But all starters plus Naz played well tonight at times. That was a real team effort.
You always need more than stars. Heck, even Steve Kerr won a game or two for the Bulls when it mattered most! The reason Dallas made it to the WCF is because of the role players they traded for - PJ Washington, Gafford, and Jones.

While Ant may get a C in terms of his floor game tonight, he gets an A+ for being a leader that instills confidence in his peers. They came through for him tonight.
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

everyone's playing for each other, playing for Finch, playing for A-Rod & Lore (that's right I said) and playing for everyone who has suffered for so long.

A-Rod needs to get KG in the building for games 1 and 2.
Yosimar

Post by Yosimar »

Watched it delayed on DVR.

Straight dawgs, this team is so fun to watch even if they’re infuriating from time to time.

Shoutout to KAT the defense on Jokic this entire series was so impressive especially when the DPOY struggled mightily.
With the season on the line Jaden stepped up massively in BACK to BACK games.

Wolves fans in Denver. Insane amounts and it came through on TV. They took over that arena like they did vs Phoenix in game 4 and this game was actually close. Loved hearing how loud they were.

I’m gonna have to take another shower today after sweating throughout the entire game. Celebrate this tonight and back to business tomorrow. The job IS NOT DONE!
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Congrats On-Line family!! I'm still sitting here trying to process this. On the one hand I'm ecstatic we get at least another couple weeks of high intensity playoff ball. On the other I'm not really sure what i just watched. Going to stay up and watch the whole thing again. This is for the die-hard Wolves fans that you all are. So happy for all of you.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Abe's Gotta Take a Moment to Breathe Before He Actually Reads This Mammoth Thread and Offers Up a Detailed Real-Time Review:

- This team. Bad asses.

- I deserve this. Actually, I deserve even more.

- Bring it on.

[Note: Ok, you guys deserve it, too. But I'm giving every other 35 year lifer out there like me a special acknowledgment.]
Phenom

Post by Phenom »

Phenom wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 6:45 pm I got a good feeling about Karl tonight.
I love having a good basketball take.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 10:33 pm Abe's Gotta Take a Moment to Breathe Before He Actually Reads This Mammoth Thread and Offers Up a Detailed Real-Time Review:

- This team. Bad asses.

- Bring it on.

[Note: Ok, you guys deserve it, too. But I'm giving every other 35 year lifer out there like me a special acknowledgment.]
I attended games in the inaugural season. I've seen it all.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Coolbreeze44 wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 10:39 pm
AbeVigodaLive wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 10:33 pm Abe's Gotta Take a Moment to Breathe Before He Actually Reads This Mammoth Thread and Offers Up a Detailed Real-Time Review:

- This team. Bad asses.

- Bring it on.

I attended games in the inaugural season. I've seen it all.