GDT: An entire season comes down to...

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
kekgeek

Re: GDT: An entire season comes down to...

Post by kekgeek »

They better not let us get 2
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Okay, go get the next one. You do that and all of a sudden it's a series again.

You know why I know the Wolves are the better team? Because Vegas knows. Wolves were 1.5 point underdogs tonight, but Vegas has us as 4.5 point favorites Thursday.

Let's just keep winning and let the pressure build on Dallas.
Crazysauce

Post by Crazysauce »

Just find a way....
Yosimar

Post by Yosimar »

Phenom wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 10:13 pm What if KAT just throws flames for the next 3 games? Ant is due for a heater too.
Nah, I hope he doesn’t start jacking up 3’s again simply because they fell tonight. He needs to do the exact same thing he did tonight. Get to the paint get some layups, some FT’s let that get him in a rhythm and then take a few 3’s later in the game. If the stroke and confidence look good and he makes some, shoot away. But I hope he lets his inside game do the work and then stretch it out later.
Phenom

Post by Phenom »

Yosimar wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 11:50 pm
Phenom wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 10:13 pm What if KAT just throws flames for the next 3 games? Ant is due for a heater too.
Nah, I hope he doesn’t start jacking up 3’s again simply because they fell tonight. He needs to do the exact same thing he did tonight. Get to the paint get some layups, some FT’s let that get him in a rhythm and then take a few 3’s later in the game. If the stroke and confidence look good and he makes some, shoot away. But I hope he lets his inside game do the work and then stretch it out later.
I just mean, what if he makes a ton of shots? You know if the law of averages comes into play. If these guys finally play to their ability anything can happen.
FNG

Post by FNG »

Several shoutouts needed:

Abe for finally stepping up and teeing up a GDT...don't bail on us now. We sure as hell don't need my 0-2 record in this series.

KAT for making his shots tonight. I think he's been playing tough the entire series, but his missed shots have been killing us. We need 40% 3-point shooting KAT the rest of the series.

KAT for kneeing Lively in the head last game. Gafford was good tonight, but they needed Lively too. He still looked a little woozy on the sidelines to me.

Finchie for finally realizing Jaden has to guard Kyrie.

Conley and SloMo for steadying the offense every time it looked like Ant might "turnover" us out of a win. 11 assists and no turnovers from these unspectacular but steady veterans.

Ant for being Ant.

Scott Foster for once again proving his nickname of The Extender is well deserved...he refuses to let a series end.

I confess that this one felt like a loss most of the night...I never relaxed until Kyle hit Naz for the layup with 11 seconds left. Me of little faith. I loved the start of the game, but everything went sour for me when Ant turned the ball over at the end of the first quarter, and a potential 11 point lead ended up a 7 point lead after Green's free throws. It seemed like it had the same impact on the team too, because just three minutes later it was 30-29. Things looked bleak at that stage. But our guys played hard, and our two stars made their shots.

I don't want to complain after a big win, but we need to be better at the end of quarters. Ant is by far our most dynamic player, but bad things happen when he leads the offense at the end of quarters. Put the ball in Conley's or SloMo's hands, and they'll find a way to get the ball to Ant or KAT for an easy bucket.
FNG

Post by FNG »

I just went back and watched a few offensive sets when Kyle initiated the offense. Brilliant stuff. More than anyone else on our squad he knows how to get KAT the clean looks he needs to get going. Um, he may have gotten away with a few offensive fouls clearing the way (he looked like an offensive tackle on a couple plays!), but he's smart enough to know what he can get away with in a playoff game. Naz can get us a big bucket now and then, but I think Kyle is more of a key for us in this series. 25 minutes for Kyle and 20 for Naz last night seems about right.

Oh...and Conley said at the first quarter break that we need to get the ball out of Ant's hands in initiating the offense. Yes! So let's do it.
FNG

Post by FNG »

Some classic Ant post-game humor!

"Conley's old as fuck, and he still gets downhill." Yep, Conley's 3-pointer wasn't falling, but how big were his three lefty layups.

Calls Conley out for wearing his "Clown pants"!

Revives the Bite Bite nickname!

Stay loose, Ant!
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

kekgeek wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 10:55 pm They better not let us get 2
This is where losing three straight to Denver and digging out of that hole may come in handy. We of course blew them out to win Game 6 at home, but then had to go into the belly of the beast for Game 7 at their place and we pulled it out. Valuable experience.
TheGrey08

Post by TheGrey08 »

Phenom wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 10:16 pm
TheGrey08 wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 10:14 pm
It's a TALL order, but one thing this team has is more talent, but they have to utilize it.
It's too bad Ant couldn't find his way until game 4.
I still think that fall affected him quite a bit.

Alan Horton
@WolvesRadio
Ant in this series...

GM#1 -- 19 PTS | 11 RBS | 8 ASTS
GM#2 -- 21 PTS | 5 RBS | 7 ASTS
GM#3 -- 26 PTS | 9 RBS | 9 ASTS
GM#4 -- 29 PTS | 10 RBS | 9 ASTS

https://x.com/WolvesRadio/status/1795664982790815762