2024 Wolves Free Agency

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
kekgeek

Re: 2024 Wolves Free Agency

Post by kekgeek »

Free agent guard Monte Morris plans to sign a deal with the Phoenix Suns, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. Suns lock in a reliable point guard entering his eighth NBA season. Morris has averaged 10 points, 39% 3-point shooting and 3.8 assists over career.
Sundog

Post by Sundog »

Yeah… that’s a bummer. Bigger role in Phoenix than he could get here, I’d guess… more money too? I don’t think we know the details yet.
Sundog

Post by Sundog »

Sounds like Monte’s deal is one year at vet minimum.
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

Drat!

I think Finchie left a sour taste in Monte’s mouth when he abandoned him in the playoffs, primarily for NAW and SloMo. Yet both those guys sucked balls shooting in the playoffs.

So now we lose both SloMo and Monte.

Of course, if Dilly and TSJ both nab rotation spots, that’s a 9-man rotation which doesn’t include Monte or SloMo.

On to Plan B!
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

Gee, Plan B could be a 3-way with Utah and Brooklyn. KAT and Sexton to the Nets, Simmons and picks to the Jazz, Lauri and Schroder to the Wolves.
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

60WinTim wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 3:25 pm Gee, Plan B could be a 3-way with Utah and Brooklyn. KAT and Sexton to the Nets, Simmons and picks to the Jazz, Lauri and Schroder to the Wolves.
You've been cookin' up some deals in the trade kitchen there haven't you Tim! Nice.
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

Q-is-here wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 3:29 pm
60WinTim wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 3:25 pm Gee, Plan B could be a 3-way with Utah and Brooklyn. KAT and Sexton to the Nets, Simmons and picks to the Jazz, Lauri and Schroder to the Wolves.
You've been cookin' up some deals in the trade kitchen there haven't you Tim! Nice.
Actually, I crunched the numbers on my own!

I am confident KAT isn’t going anywhere. But it’s still a fun exercise…
Monster

Post by Monster »

60WinTim wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 3:16 pm Drat!

I think Finchie left a sour taste in Monte’s mouth when he abandoned him in the playoffs, primarily for NAW and SloMo. Yet both those guys sucked balls shooting in the playoffs.

Of course, if Dilly and TSJ both nab rotation spots, that’s a 9-man rotation which doesn’t include Monte or SloMo.

On to Plan B!
It didn't help that McLaughlin was ahead of him in the regular season at times too although it was hard not to say J-mac wasn't deserving of those minutes when he was hitting half of his 3's and doing us usual J-mac things. I wonder if there is a chance of McLaughlin still coming back or is he a guy that will have a legit chance at being a backup somewhere?
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

Monster wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 3:48 pm

On to Plan B!
It didn't help that McLaughlin was ahead of him in the regular season at times too although it was hard not to say J-mac wasn't deserving of those minutes when he was hitting half of his 3's and doing us usual J-mac things. I wonder if there is a chance of McLaughlin still coming back or is he a guy that will have a legit chance at being a backup somewhere?
Yeah, it almost seems JMac would be one of our better options on the FA market. I can't help but wonder if he doesn't have a sour taste in his mouth from the way he was used, too, as FNG will attest!

I don't see a connection or reason he might come to Minnesota, but Cameron Payne would be atop my list of FA PGs...
Monster

Post by Monster »

60WinTim wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 3:56 pm
Monster wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 3:48 pm

On to Plan B!
Yeah, it almost seems JMac would be one of our better options on the FA market. I can't help but wonder if he doesn't have a sour taste in his mouth from the way he was used, too, as FNG will attest!

I don't see a connection or reason he might come to Minnesota, but Cameron Payne would be atop my list of FA PGs...
According to this he did get arrested recently...or was that Terry Johnson?

https://www.tmz.com/2024/07/02/nba-came ... social-tws

I would guess Lowry will get more money and a bigger role than the vet min from us but I'd take him.