Wolves traded Kat

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
60WinTim

Re: Wolves traded Kat

Post by 60WinTim »

Just think of this like letting Kirk Cousins go! :D

I think some of you are getting too caught up in your panties. Give it some time to settle in. Think of the opportunities that might be opening up. Jaden should have more opportunities. May the door opens for Minott or Miller. And I seriously doubt Detroit's pick won't transfer sometime in the next 3 years.
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

Phenom wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 9:53 pm
WildWolf2813 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 9:49 pm
Phenom wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 9:46 pm Reminds me of the KG trade. Trade with Boston after they trade their best asset to Seattle for Ray Allen. Why not do this before they trade all their picks to the Nets?
Because they don't get Bridges without those assets

Need to stay ahead of that, as Tim Connelly. One pick wouldn't have changed the outcome for Brooklyn
Yes it would have. They wanted every pick possible NY had that was valuable.

Conversely, as I told you guys, KAT didn't have that kind of value in terms of picks.

Now we have to Randle plays just good enough to swap him out for picks /expirings.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

This is mostly about financial maneuvering. The penalties are just too punitive to stay above the 2nd apron. I expect more to happen to get us below. Hopefully they move Randle right away. But guys we knew this was inevitable, one of our big guys needed to go. I will miss KAT but now I'm ready for Jaden and NAZ to take off.
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

60WinTim wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 10:08 pm Just think of this like letting Kirk Cousins go! :D

I think some of you are getting too caught up in your panties. Give it some time to settle in. Think of the opportunities that might be opening up. Jaden should have more opportunities. May the door opens for Minott or Miller. And I seriously doubt Detroit's pick won't transfer sometime in the next 3 years.
Man look, long term, it comes down to this:

Can Naz or Jaden be the 2nd best player on a championship core?

Honestly, hell no, and it would take that to justify essentially donating KAT to the Knicks.
Phenom

Post by Phenom »

WildWolf2813 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 10:09 pm
WildWolf2813 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 9:49 pm

Because they don't get Bridges without those assets

Need to stay ahead of that, as Tim Connelly. One pick wouldn't have changed the outcome for Brooklyn

Conversely, as I told you guys, KAT didn't have that kind of value in terms of picks.

Now we have to Randle plays just good enough to swap him out for picks /expirings.
You're telling me that if the Wolves made this trade before the Bridges trade and got one pick from the Knicks, the Nets walk away?
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

I think once the 2nd apron stuff became realistic, it was inevitable that KAT would go. We just didn't expect that to be now, right before the season starts.

I told y'all for years his value wasn't as high as y'all thought it was. We got an expiring, a bench player and a pick that won't br worth much. This was the baseline of what I told y'all his value was. The hope now is that Randle doesn't dog it knowing he has no future here, while helping us win and impressing some other team to give us something for him.

My prediction: Houston goes after him if Jabari Smith doesn't take that next step and we get maybe a Tari Eason + Brooks type of swap. We'll revisit this at the deadline, but it would be stupid for Connelly to keep Randle past February.

This tells me a few things:

1. Glen Taylor has to think he's keeping the team. A-Rod/Lore operated as if they're running this back.

2. They have incredible faith that Naz Reid is just gonna step in and be an all-star, yet it'll be more than half the year still before we see him take on all that responsibility.

3. TJ Shannon's career as a Wolf is over. NAW is a goner too at season's end (not surprising). Our bench backcourt to be fair looks really good with DDV and Dillingham. Unless he's a full-time SF now, I don't really see where Shannon fits long term anymore.

4. Now this team looks really thin up front, so any Randle swap needs a big back (like Jabari Smith, who I'm not a fan of anyway, I'd rather have Tari Eason).

5. Short term, they're a lot worse. They're hoping it stabilizes them in the future hoping Naz and Jaden and Ant grow together. I just don't think Naz is gonna be as good as peak Towns and we'll need that.

fun fact: no #1 pick has ever won a title with the team that drafted him except for David Robinson, Tim Duncan, LeBron James and Kyrie Irving, and those guys had to pair up together to do it. Ant's all alone now.
Monster

Post by Monster »

I'm a fan of both guys to some extent but really look up Towns and Randle's stats. It's not like we are getting some stiff back for Towns. Randle is really productive. He has his issues but Towns does too.

To me the Wolves basically traded a SG version of a PF for a guy that's more of a PG type of PF. That might be useful especially with Dillingham and Naz on the roster. Now Dillingham can play with another guy that can play with the ball in his hands and create. Randle is way better at creating for other than Towns. D'Vincenzo as a shooter helps losing Towns plus he can do some playmaking as well.
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

Phenom wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 10:13 pm
WildWolf2813 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 10:09 pm

You're telling me that if the Wolves made this trade before the Bridges trade and got one pick from the Knicks, the Nets walk away?
Yes. As is stands, Bridges really wasn't worth that much anyway. They got that much from the Knicks because that's the only way the Nets could save face by trading him across town. Otherwise, the Nets keep him.
LongGame

Post by LongGame »

I am happy with this trade. May not improve the team this year, but removing the contract is huge. Randle is not much of a downgrade and Divencenzo will be an awesome sixth man. Agree he was worth more in the past, but that is not the now.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Randles playoff history has been dubious at best, but don't forget the numerous KAT no-shows in the playoffs. He's still mentally weak. Again, let's see what TC has up his sleeve.