Wolves traded Kat

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
BloopOracle

Re: Wolves traded Kat

Post by BloopOracle »

This is all the makings of us eventually acquiring Kevin Durant right? Right!?
Monster

Post by Monster »

Coolbreeze44 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 10:30 pm Randles playoff history has been dubious at best, but don't forget the numerous KAT no-shows in the playoffs. He's still mentally weak. Again, let's see what TC has up his sleeve.
Towns has had issues staying healthy.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

I like the way you think Bloop!
Phenom

Post by Phenom »

WildWolf2813 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 10:26 pm
Phenom wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 10:13 pm
WildWolf2813 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 10:09 pm

Yes it would have. They wanted every pick possible NY had that was valuable.

Conversely, as I told you guys, KAT didn't have that kind of value in terms of picks.

Now we have to Randle plays just good enough to swap him out for picks /expirings.
You're telling me that if the Wolves made this trade before the Bridges trade and got one pick from the Knicks, the Nets walk away?
Yes. As is stands, Bridges really wasn't worth that much anyway. They got that much from the Knicks because that's the only way the Nets could save face by trading him across town. Otherwise, the Nets keep him.
If it's one pick I disagree wholeheartedly but my point still stands, the Wolves are always a day late a pick short trading their stars.
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

Monster wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 10:24 pm I'm a fan of both guys to some extent but really look up Towns and Randle's stats. It's not like we are getting some stiff back for Towns. Randle is really productive. He has his issues but Towns does too.

To me the Wolves basically traded a SG version of a PF for a guy that's more of a PG type of PF. That might be useful especially with Dillingham and Naz on the roster. Now Dillingham can play with another guy that can play with the ball in his hands and create. Randle is way better at creating for other than Towns. D'Vincenzo as a shooter helps losing Towns plus he can do some playmaking as well.
The reason why Randle's a stiff is because his negative qualities will suck the life out of you. Randle's an ISO player, so the plays we wanna run for Ant are the same plays he expects run for him as well. They're gonna clash. Now, when it comes to shooting outside, Randle's gonna shoot as much as he likes, which we wanted KAT to do more of, but Randle will shoot even when he's cold which takes everyone else out of the play. When he's off, he's surly. He has rabbit ears so if the fans get on him, he'll let you have it, and the fans will definitely be on his case if he's in the way of the 2nd most popular Wolf. Most of all, he's playing for a contract he knows he won't get here, so what's his motivation to help us? He has none outside of a new deal from someone else.
Monster

Post by Monster »

I'll say this while Towns is sometimes annoying and all that I think he is a good dude that I think really did try to do everything he could for the tranchise and never asked out when he could have and quite frankly I would not have blamed him. He is going to NY a spot that's almost home and going to a really good team. I hate to see him go but also a bit surprised at how I'm ready to move on.
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

BloopOracle wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 10:30 pm This is all the makings of us eventually acquiring Kevin Durant right? Right!?
We're still a 2nd apron team even with this trade, so no.
Monster

Post by Monster »

WildWolf2813 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 10:35 pm
Monster wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 10:24 pm I'm a fan of both guys to some extent but really look up Towns and Randle's stats. It's not like we are getting some stiff back for Towns. Randle is really productive. He has his issues but Towns does too.

To me the Wolves basically traded a SG version of a PF for a guy that's more of a PG type of PF. That might be useful especially with Dillingham and Naz on the roster. Now Dillingham can play with another guy that can play with the ball in his hands and create. Randle is way better at creating for other than Towns. D'Vincenzo as a shooter helps losing Towns plus he can do some playmaking as well.
The reason why Randle's a stiff is because his negative qualities will suck the life out of you. Randle's an ISO player, so the plays we wanna run for Ant are the same plays he expects run for him as well. They're gonna clash. Now, when it comes to shooting outside, Randle's gonna shoot as much as he likes, which we wanted KAT to do more of, but Randle will shoot even when he's cold which takes everyone else out of the play. When he's off, he's surly. He has rabbit ears so if the fans get on him, he'll let you have it, and the fans will definitely be on his case if he's in the way of the 2nd most popular Wolf. Most of all, he's playing for a contract he knows he won't get here, so what's his motivation to help us? He has none outside of a new deal from someone else.
What Randle does is flawed but he isn't some terrible player. Randle might fit here better. I could see him fitting what Finch wants to do in some ways. Towns wasn't exactly a super awesome ball mover himself. Both guys are kinda weird in their own way but Randle does have the physic of a tougher player.
Phenom

Post by Phenom »

Is there actually less urgency to extend Rudy now? The Wolves don't need him to decline his player option as badly now. If he doesn't like the number the Wolves have on the table do they just wait and see what the market dictates in 2 years?
KiwiMatt

Post by KiwiMatt »

Man wasn't expecting to see this! Wolves definitely should have at least gotten another few 2nd RP's to add to the war chest. Lets jusy pray Detroit takes a massive leap the next couple of years!

I having a feeling this trade will involve a third team taking Randle, with the Wolves shedding further salary.

On a positive note FanSpo trade machine has us as +3 more wins after the trade :)