Wolves traded Kat

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
60WinTim

Re: Wolves traded Kat

Post by 60WinTim »

Coolbreeze44 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 11:48 pm There has to be more moves coming. You don't trade KAT to still be above the 2nd apron. What else is coming? Do you package Randle with someone like NAW to get more shooting?
Yeah, my whole calculus of this roster is out of whack now. I had just assumed we could not re-sign NAZ after this season because of our salary hell. But now retaining NAZ seems almost a lock.

I don't know if Miller will be ready for the challenge, if ever. But it sure seems like a door has been opened for him to see some rotational minutes here and there. It's up to him to make the best of it.

And I forgot all about Clark! He's only on a 2-way and will see plenty of time early on down in Iowa, but he only makes our guard/wing room even more crowded!
Monster

Post by Monster »

WildWolf2813 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 11:56 pm
Coolbreeze44 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 11:54 pm The hard part for me is not what we're giving up, it's what we're getting. I am NOT a Randle fan. Are there any restrictions to moving him?
2nd apron team so you can't aggregate with him.

Short term even if we were under we couldn't aggregate him anyway for a couple of months, so if they wanted to reroute him they could, just under the confines of where we stand financially.

Last I saw, before Randle got moved, Miami, Charlotte and Detroit were interested.
I'm a Randle fan to a certain extent but he has played well enough to get paid and more than the Wolves are gonna want to give him so I do agree it doesn't make sense for him to stay with the Wolves long term. Miami was a team that came to mind as somewhere he would fit. I think there are teams that will be interested partly because the assets to acquire him are not going to be significant. What will be interesting is what will the Wolves want in return...and being willing to accept.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

How does the new TV package affect all this? Will the cap be going up substantially after this season?
Monster

Post by Monster »

WildWolf2813 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 11:58 pm
Monster wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 11:56 pm
Coolbreeze44 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 11:48 pm There has to be more moves coming. You don't trade KAT to still be above the 2nd apron. What else is coming? Do you package Randle with someone like NAW to get more shooting?
I think I read November 27th is when Randle can be packaged with other players. Of course one option would be to trade those 2 players separately in a deal at the same time. Seems tricky though.
you can't package him anyway, so that restriction is moot. This trade didn't get the team under the 2nd apron. That only kinda happens if he opts out (but then that money is gonna get rerouted to Reid), so at best it will only momentarily have us operating under... unless we trade Randle and save on cap that way.
Oh right I didn't even think of that we couldn't trade him with a player. I don't think that's a big deal though.
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

60WinTim wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 11:59 pm
Yeah, my whole calculus of this roster is out of whack now. I had just assumed we could not re-sign NAZ after this season because of our salary hell. But now retaining NAZ seems almost a lock.

I don't know if Miller will be ready for the challenge, if ever. But it sure seems like a door has been opened for him to see some rotational minutes here and there. It's up to him to make the best of it.

And I forgot all about Clark! He's only on a 2-way and will see plenty of time early on down in Iowa, but he only makes our guard/wing room even more crowded!
At this rate, Minott, Miller, Dillingham, Clark and Shannon better Iowa to a G-League title because none of those guys are getting any run with the big club this year. Adding DDV pretty much redshirts both Shannon and Dillingham.

Our bench is pretty much

Reid
DDV
NAW

and Garza in a pinch
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

Coolbreeze44 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2024 12:03 am How does the new TV package affect all this? Will the cap be going up substantially after this season?
Yup. The max it can rise in single year under the current CAP rules is 10%. The new TV deal will supposedly allow the CAP to rise the full 10% next year.

The Wolves now have 15 players with guaranteed contracts. It sure seems like another move could be coming. While they cannot aggregate multiple players salaries for a single player in return, they can do a player-for-player trade as long as the incoming player makes less salary, and then include a second player to that team to get the deal done (maybe get a draft pick in return). In that scenario it would not be considered aggregating player's salaries for a single player.
Leado01

Post by Leado01 »

I'm pissed off...this doesn't feel like we're putting all our chips in....this feels like we're a team in a contentious sale from a greedy cs
1965-2023
"He Meant Well"
worldK

Post by worldK »

Disappointed with the trade.

Towns is the best player in the trade. Different tier level player compared to Randle, Donte or whatever the Pistons pick turn out to be.

He was key in us sweeping the Suns and beating the Nuggets in the playoffs. He can carry your offense in Ant’s off nights and you have a winning chance againsts any team on any given night with Elite talents like him and Ant as teamates.

Now its Ant and a bunch of very good players. We have to see. Chances of Naz and Jaden stepping up are high. Randle can play. But they are not on Towns level skills and talent wise.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

We finally got Randle. Come back Cam!!!!
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

Its a bet on Naz and I like that. Dillingham better be young Dame.