Randle sucks

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Monster

Re: Randle sucks

Post by Monster »

AbeVigodaLive wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 3:35 pm
rapsuperstar31 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 1:41 pm
AbeVigodaLive wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 1:16 pm

We can argue whether it's a small sample size or not... but in 15 career playoff games...

Julius Randle has shot 34.4% fg with 3.9 TOs.
I saw a New York fan say the first year Randle was in the playoffs he was a on a bad team and was basically defended like Ant gets defended with double and triple teams. In Randle's second playoffs he was injured and probably wouldn't have played if it wasn't the playoffs.
Maybe the discussion should be why is he never healthy for the playoffs!

To be fair, he's been injured and failed to finish the last three seasons healthy.

[Note: Meh to the spacing in year 1. He was returning from injury the next season... so that one might have some merit. ]
FWIW the first playoff season he had been playing over 37mpg in the regular season. That was the one where Thibs switched up the rotation in the playoffs.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

More Randle fun:

Over the past 3 seasons...

- Randle has averaged 6.5 three pointers per game. He's shot 32.6%.
- Towns has averaged 5.2 three pointers per game. He's shot 40.3%.

I don't know who should get ripped more for those stats. Seriously.
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

AbeVigodaLive wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 5:05 pm More Randle fun:

Yeah, while I'm sure there will be a honeymoon period with Randle ("Look how strong and physical he is - we really needed that on this team, how refreshing!"), it won't take long for the warts to show up. Wildwolf has given us all fair warning.

Hard to see how a ball-stopping PF without much of an outside shot helps us with our offensive struggles. But boy, he can score in isolation if you clear out and give him 20 seconds, yay!
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

I can almost guarantee Randle will be a pleasant surprise since the bar has been set so low! :D
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

If you don't want to hear any perspective on how Randle could have a positive impact, then don't watch this analysis...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dujwofFAn-g
Monster

Post by Monster »

Q-is-here wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 7:55 pm
AbeVigodaLive wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 5:05 pm More Randle fun:

Yeah, while I'm sure there will be a honeymoon period with Randle ("Look how strong and physical he is - we really needed that on this team, how refreshing!"), it won't take long for the warts to show up. Wildwolf has given us all fair warning.

Hard to see how a ball-stopping PF without much of an outside shot helps us with our offensive struggles. But boy, he can score in isolation if you clear out and give him 20 seconds, yay!
A very similar post is being written and read on Knicks message boards about Towns.

To me it's worse to me that Towns shot so few 3's. The year in Abe's sample that Randle shot over 8 threes a game he was hitting over 34% of them which isn't terrible.

It would be interesting to have data on how many wide open 3's teams let Randle take.