Fleck

Golden Gophers Of All Sports
Crazysauce

Re: Fleck

Post by Crazysauce »

Fleck is the man. This program is finally headed in the right direction. Hes got some high quality recruits and hasnt even had any great season yet. This year will be solid and will allow him to bring in a really good recruiting class after he shows he can win. I have the utmost faith in this guy.
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

The team has been impressive considering over half the team is freshman and many are starters too.
bleedspeed

Post by bleedspeed »

A month has passed and the losses have come in a rush but I am still on board and think in year 4 we will be much be ranked nationally.

http://www.startribune.com/tracy-claeys-winning-at-washington-state-thinks-his-gophers-would-have-been-winners-too/498353441/
bleedspeed

Post by bleedspeed »

I agree that the DC might need to go. I was worried when he was named. Will Fleck make the hard decisions needed.

http://www.1500espn.com/news/2018/10/zulgad-dont-get-defensive-fleck-might-little-choice-make-coordinator-change/
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

bleedspeed177 wrote:A month has passed and the losses have come in a rush but I am still on board and think in year 4 we will be much be ranked nationally.

http://www.startribune.com/tracy-claeys-winning-at-washington-state-thinks-his-gophers-would-have-been-winners-too/498353441/

Agreed, the team is super young. Lost Winny which hurt the defense a lot. In a few years they could be ranked pretty high, maybe challenge Wisconsin and Iowa and just maybe win a BigTen Championship. Which for the Gophers, is all we can really ask.
bleedspeed

Post by bleedspeed »

DC fired and we have a huge win.

Go Gophers!
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

bleedspeed177 wrote:DC fired and we have a huge win.

Go Gophers!

Isn't that amazing? I can't believe the new guy had much time to chsnge schemes, so I can only conclude this was an emotional reaction rather than an x's and o's result. Maybe the team didn't like the former DC and really liked the new guy, and they demonstrated it on the field.

Hmm...could the same thing happen across town at Target Center?
bleedspeed

Post by bleedspeed »

longstrangetrip wrote:

Hmm...could the same thing happen across town at Target Center?

No - Not likely.

Good win for Gophers. I would love to see them back it up with a strong finish to the season.
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

I had a terrific afternoon yesterday. Sadly, my 96-year-old dad is in his final days (not too sad, actually...he's happy and ready, and still has the gorgeous 75-year love of his life by his side), but yesterday I got to watch him thoroughly enjoy an unexpected Gopher win. My dad is not much of a sports fan...he played on the 1945-6 Gopher hockey team, but hasn't set foot in the building since. But he and my mom were Gopher football season ticket holders for 50 years, and haven't missed a game on TV all season. What a gift PJ and his Gophers gave him yesterday...I'll never forget the big grin on his face as he watched the team dash across the field to collect the Axe!. The old guy probably won't make it until the bowl game, but I'll always be happy knowing his Gophers prevailed in his final game. Thank you, PJ!
Monster

Post by Monster »

longstrangetrip wrote:I had a terrific afternoon yesterday. Sadly, my 96-year-old dad is in his final days (not too sad, actually...he's happy and ready, and still has the gorgeous 75-year love of his life by his side), but yesterday I got to watch him thoroughly enjoy an unexpected Gopher win. My dad is not much of a sports fan...he played on the 1945-6 Gopher hockey team, but hasn't set foot in the building since. But he and my mom were Gopher football season ticket holders for 50 years, and haven't missed a game on TV all season. What a gift PJ and his Gophers gave him yesterday...I'll never forget the big grin on his face as he watched the team dash across the field to collect the Axe!. The old guy probably won't make it until the bowl game, but I'll always be happy knowing his Gophers prevailed in his final game. Thank you, PJ!

I'm glad that your family was able to share that moment of a Gopher win. Take care LST.