Fleck

Golden Gophers Of All Sports
TAFKASP

Re: Fleck

Post by TAFKASP »

The Gophers are shooting themselves in their feet far to often to win.
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

The cardiac kids finally died. It was a good season anyways.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Watched most of the 2nd half. Iowa did what they do but it looked like the Gophers after finding ways to win all season...found ways to lose. Too bad Bleed had to watch that although it looked like it was an entertaining game. I hope he had a good experience (other than the loss) in Iowa. Still heck of a season for MN. They were saying on the local radio station last week Iowa is always good for taking down a highly ranked team every year. Too bad it was the Gophers this year.
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

Gophers will likely have to win the last two weeks now to make the Big Ten championship and Rose Bowl. I just see Wisconsin likely beating them. I don't see it happening.
Monster

Post by Monster »

WolvesFan21 wrote:Gophers will likely have to win the last two weeks now to make the Big Ten championship and Rose Bowl. I just see Wisconsin likely beating them. I don't see it happening.

Gophers are home against the Badgers I'd say it's a 50/50 Game but home field advantage goes to MN.
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

monsterpile wrote:
WolvesFan21 wrote:Gophers will likely have to win the last two weeks now to make the Big Ten championship and Rose Bowl. I just see Wisconsin likely beating them. I don't see it happening.

Gophers are home against the Badgers I'd say it's a 50/50 Game but home field advantage goes to MN.

I thought it was a road game, maybe the site I was looking at was wrong. If it's at home yes the odds are better.
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

We just dropped too many passes. It was a good game, but we didn't make plays. It seemed like we were the better team, but had a bad day.

Things I noticed.

1. Our WRs struggled to get separation. Iowa either has good DBs or our WRs are overrated. We didn't get open and when we did catch the ball they tackled us instantly.
2. We don't have great DBs or an elite pass-rush
3. Morgan is really accurate but short with numerous balls knocked down at the line of scrimmage in 1st half.

I don't like the offense. Too much looking at the sideline for calls. I hate Morgan in the shotgun trying to do stupid PA when nobody is buying it. That time is better spent with him looking at the field and getting off a pass.

On defense, I felt like we just needed to blitz more since we couldn't get pressure. It was a game we would have won with 1 or 2 more catchable balls at critical times.

Game experience. Top-notch. Iowa fans are friendly There was no throwing of any beer or anything on Gopher players as stated on KFAN. I was in row 10 next to the tunnel as didn't see that. They didn't' offer beer at the game so I am not sure where they got that.

Morgan is not a sure thing next week. We really need him.
Monster

Post by Monster »

bleedspeed177 wrote:Morgan is not a sure thing next week. We really need him.

I forgot he got hurt at the end of the game. What's the word on the guy that would have to step in if Morgan can't go?

monsterpile wrote:
bleedspeed177 wrote:Morgan is not a sure thing next week. We really need him.

I forgot he got hurt at the end of the game. What's the word on the guy that would have to step in if Morgan can't go?

A true freshman. It would be a big blow.