There are rumors Chicago Cubs play by play guy Boogs Sciambi might be getting the wolves job.
Via my buddy “if this is true it’s massive! He’s amazing”
New play by play guy
Re: New play by play guy
Sounds like more than a rumor now, kek. Funny guy, terrific voice, knowledgeable baseball guy. I know he does a lot of college basketball, but I've never heard him. Really good news, I think!
Re: New play by play guy
Sounds like Kevin Calabro will be part of the crew too.
Re: New play by play guy
I was wondering what they were going to do with Grady doing so many other games. It's really something to be in this situation.
I think Alan Horton is really great but I think his talents are better utilized on the radio and that's not actually a knock on him.
I think Alan Horton is really great but I think his talents are better utilized on the radio and that's not actually a knock on him.
Re: New play by play guy
Totally agree with your comment about Horton, monster. He's a terrific radio guy, but TV play by play is different...because we can see what's going on, the announcer doesn't need to be so verbose. He didn't seem to make the adjustment well.Monster wrote: ↑Fri Sep 25, 2026 12:38 pm I was wondering what they were going to do with Grady doing so many other games. It's really something to be in this situation.
I think Alan Horton is really great but I think his talents are better utilized on the radio and that's not actually a knock on him.
If I understand the announcement, Calabro, Sciambi, Meghan McPeak and Grady are going to trade off doing the play by play depending on availability, and Jim Pete will handle the sidekick analyst role. Rather confusing and I don't know much about Calabro and McPeak, but I think it's good news overall.
- BloopOracle
- Posts: 3581
- Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:00 am
Re: New play by play guy
One of the strangest situations I've ever seen in sports, multiple outstanding play by play announcers who each get 15 to 20 games.
Re: New play by play guy
I wonder if Calabro will work mostly west coast games assuming he wanted to stay close to his home. Just speculating.BloopOracle wrote: ↑Fri Sep 25, 2026 7:03 pm One of the strangest situations I've ever seen in sports, multiple outstanding play by play announcers who each get 15 to 20 games.
Re: New play by play guy
I thought Horton did adjust as the season went on but he still didn't arrive. It also seems like Radio is the thing he wants to do.FNG wrote: ↑Fri Sep 25, 2026 1:14 pmTotally agree with your comment about Horton, monster. He's a terrific radio guy, but TV play by play is different...because we can see what's going on, the announcer doesn't need to be so verbose. He didn't seem to make the adjustment well.Monster wrote: ↑Fri Sep 25, 2026 12:38 pm I was wondering what they were going to do with Grady doing so many other games. It's really something to be in this situation.
I think Alan Horton is really great but I think his talents are better utilized on the radio and that's not actually a knock on him.
If I understand the announcement, Calabro, Sciambi, Meghan McPeak and Grady are going to trade off doing the play by play depending on availability, and Jim Pete will handle the sidekick analyst role. Rather confusing and I don't know much about Calabro and McPeak, but I think it's good news overall.
Re: New play by play guy
I didn't know much about Calabro, but the more I research, the more I like the addition. He was beloved in Portland, but left because he didn't like the financial offer from their cheap, Griffithian owner. Their loss, our gain...and more evidence that this ownership group is not niggardly.