New play by play guy

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Post Reply
User avatar
kekgeek
Posts: 15651
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:00 am

New play by play guy

Post by kekgeek »

There are rumors Chicago Cubs play by play guy Boogs Sciambi might be getting the wolves job.

Via my buddy “if this is true it’s massive! He’s amazing”
User avatar
FNG
Posts: 7981
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:00 am

Re: New play by play guy

Post by FNG »

Sounds like more than a rumor now, kek. Funny guy, terrific voice, knowledgeable baseball guy. I know he does a lot of college basketball, but I've never heard him. Really good news, I think!
User avatar
Phenom
Posts: 4940
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:00 am

Re: New play by play guy

Post by Phenom »

Sounds like Kevin Calabro will be part of the crew too.
User avatar
Monster
Posts: 25162
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:00 am

Re: New play by play guy

Post by Monster »

I was wondering what they were going to do with Grady doing so many other games. It's really something to be in this situation.

I think Alan Horton is really great but I think his talents are better utilized on the radio and that's not actually a knock on him.
User avatar
FNG
Posts: 7981
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:00 am

Re: New play by play guy

Post by FNG »

Monster wrote: ↑Fri Sep 25, 2026 12:38 pm I was wondering what they were going to do with Grady doing so many other games. It's really something to be in this situation.

I think Alan Horton is really great but I think his talents are better utilized on the radio and that's not actually a knock on him.
Totally agree with your comment about Horton, monster. He's a terrific radio guy, but TV play by play is different...because we can see what's going on, the announcer doesn't need to be so verbose. He didn't seem to make the adjustment well.

If I understand the announcement, Calabro, Sciambi, Meghan McPeak and Grady are going to trade off doing the play by play depending on availability, and Jim Pete will handle the sidekick analyst role. Rather confusing and I don't know much about Calabro and McPeak, but I think it's good news overall.
User avatar
BloopOracle
Posts: 3581
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:00 am

Re: New play by play guy

Post by BloopOracle »

One of the strangest situations I've ever seen in sports, multiple outstanding play by play announcers who each get 15 to 20 games.
User avatar
Phenom
Posts: 4940
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:00 am

Re: New play by play guy

Post by Phenom »

BloopOracle wrote: ↑Fri Sep 25, 2026 7:03 pm One of the strangest situations I've ever seen in sports, multiple outstanding play by play announcers who each get 15 to 20 games.
I wonder if Calabro will work mostly west coast games assuming he wanted to stay close to his home. Just speculating.
User avatar
Monster
Posts: 25162
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:00 am

Re: New play by play guy

Post by Monster »

FNG wrote: ↑Fri Sep 25, 2026 1:14 pm
Monster wrote: ↑Fri Sep 25, 2026 12:38 pm I was wondering what they were going to do with Grady doing so many other games. It's really something to be in this situation.

I think Alan Horton is really great but I think his talents are better utilized on the radio and that's not actually a knock on him.
Totally agree with your comment about Horton, monster. He's a terrific radio guy, but TV play by play is different...because we can see what's going on, the announcer doesn't need to be so verbose. He didn't seem to make the adjustment well.

If I understand the announcement, Calabro, Sciambi, Meghan McPeak and Grady are going to trade off doing the play by play depending on availability, and Jim Pete will handle the sidekick analyst role. Rather confusing and I don't know much about Calabro and McPeak, but I think it's good news overall.
I thought Horton did adjust as the season went on but he still didn't arrive. It also seems like Radio is the thing he wants to do.
User avatar
FNG
Posts: 7981
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:00 am

Re: New play by play guy

Post by FNG »

I didn't know much about Calabro, but the more I research, the more I like the addition. He was beloved in Portland, but left because he didn't like the financial offer from their cheap, Griffithian owner. Their loss, our gain...and more evidence that this ownership group is not niggardly.
Post Reply