Offseason - Other teams

General NFL News
bleedspeed

Re: Offseason - Other teams

Post by bleedspeed »

Agreed. I am still surprised Teddy would sign there. Did the Bills how no interest in him?
Monster

Post by Monster »

bleedspeed177 wrote:Agreed. I am still surprised Teddy would sign there. Did the Bills how no interest in him?

Idk maybe the Jets offered up the best $$$ for the 1 year deal. It was reported Teddy had a few offers. How good were those offers? No idea. We still don't know the complete specifics on Teddy's deal.
bleedspeed

Post by bleedspeed »

Suh to Rams for 14M

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2764511-ndamukong-suh-rams-agree-to-1-year-14m-contract-after-dolphins-release
bleedspeed

Post by bleedspeed »

Pat's trade WR Brandon Cooks for the 23rd overall pick to Rams. I like this trade for both teams. I am not sure what the plan is for Patriots. Some say they might trade up for a QB. They have 2 picks in both 1st and 2nd round and another in the 3rd. I think they grab an LT and if they like Lamar Jackson and he drops to 31st they take him.
Monster

Post by Monster »

bleedspeed177 wrote:Pat's trade WR Brandon Cooks for the 23rd overall pick to Rams. I like this trade for both teams. I am not sure what the plan is for Patriots. Some say they might trade up for a QB. They have 2 picks in both 1st and 2nd round and another in the 3rd. I think they grab an LT and if they like Lamar Jackson and he drops to 31st they take him.

So the Pats basically got back pretty close in value to what they gave up for Cooks and had him on their roster for a year while he was cheap. Then they traded him when he was going to make a decent chunk of money and before they would have had to figure out if they needed to pay him long term.

Meanwhile the Rams aren't joking around. They are really loading up. All we are gonna hear about is the Eagles Vikings and Rams and how good they are for the next few months. Because it's the NFL there will be another team that will emerge as a good team like the Eagles did last year or maybe a team that used to be good refunds their footing.
bleedspeed

Post by bleedspeed »

It was a sneaky move by Patriots. They tried to do an extension and then traded him when he didn't fit the budget they have.
Monster

Post by Monster »

All those early round picks they have represent a lot of value. They can draft guys there or they could trade for another player. If you can get a 1st round pick for a good player and you think you can live without them...it's usually a pretty good deal. The Pats have no issue with moving all around in the draft Also so it should be interesting. I would think Oline is a spot they need which could be a bad thing for the Vikings.
bleedspeed

Post by bleedspeed »

Pats do things differently. They had the most UDFA out of any team last year and have a different set of values for players. It certainly will be interesting.
bleedspeed

Post by bleedspeed »

CRAZY

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23318549/girlfriend-49ers-lb-reuben-foster-recants-domestic-violence-accusations

Was she paid off?
Monster

Post by Monster »

bleedspeed177 wrote:CRAZY

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23318549/girlfriend-49ers-lb-reuben-foster-recants-domestic-violence-accusations

Was she paid off?

It's certainly hard not to wonder if people get paid off. The thing that makes it sound legit is that there is supposed to be video evidence of another fight. It's also certainly plausible that she was trying to ruin the guy's career. I worked with someone that I could have absolutely seen do that to someone. They were at least a little crazy. They told me some of their life story and...it explained some things. They had some pretty unfortunate traumas in their life that probably were never really dealt with. Let's just say I tried to stay on that person's good side.